For Sale 1972 Fury III Sedan, two 440s, Black Interior, & Well Optioned, $2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownbuick

Reaction score
Contact seller
1972 Fury III, located in Lewiston, Idaho, on the Washington border. $2500 firm. Some assembly required.

A few years ago I bought this '72 Fury Sedan. It's a highly optioned car with factory 440. I'm assuming that the 8 3/4" rear, heavier spring packs, bigger U-joints, and heavy-duty cooling were part of the deal. It also came with A/C, cruise, AM/FM with cassette on the floor, split front bench with reclining passenger seat and dual armrests, and passenger mirror (broke off, but I have a replacement). When I got it, it came with a bunch of receipts for stuff like rebuilt brakes and a cleaned and sealed fuel tank. It's been beat up a little down both sides by idiots in parking lots, but it's a dry northwestern car without all the rot I normally see in C-body cars for sale. The black interior needs cleaning, but is overall in amazing shape with even a nice black dash pad. You occasionally hear of police officers ordering these cars for their personal vehicles, and I suspect this is the case. When I got it, it had stickers all over the rear from the AAA, NRA, The Association of Retired Fire and Police Chiefs, and a couple of American flags. I've heard that it could be a former Washington State Patrol car since they ordered them in regular civilian trim, but I doubt it.

So here's the deal. I drove it for a couple of years daily, including several highway trips, and it was awesome until I lost the oil pressure. I bought a rebuilt 1969 440 and 727 as an assembly from some guy who was going to put them in a street rod. I set them in the car, then discovered that there was water in the transmission, so the trans is junk. The motor turned, though, and looked clean under the valve covers, so I think it's fine. I still have the original 440 and transmission that came in the car, so yes, it has two 440s- you can rebuild the other for something else or sell it. My intention is to put the original trans back in the car, along with the '69 440 torque converter (since it would have the correct balancing for the stronger crank), finish hooking it up, break it in, and put it on Ebay. Don't want to sell it, but I'm moving next year and need to clean stuff out. I also have an extra rear bumper, fuel tank, and radiator for it. Even a half-case of Joe Gibbs break-in oil. For a special-order "factory police car clone," possibly the only one like it, I think the price is very fair. If I assemble it in the spring, I'll try to get a bit more for it on Ebay. On the other hand, if someone wants to come and get it now with a trailer and $2500, that's one project off of my to-do list, as I'm preparing to sell my house and move to another state. Please message me with any questions, and I can take more photos for a serious buyer.

Whenever I put a car for sale on this forum, someone always messages me to say that my car is garbage, perfect low-mile C-bodies go for $2500 because they bought a nice one from grandma in the early '80s, and I should let them have it for nothing. If you're one of those guys, kiss off. I'll keep it or harvest it for parts for my wagon before I'll give it away.

Yes, the '71 Riviera is for sale, for $6000. I've got a couple of guys in Europe interested, but nothing final yet. The '83 SX/4 is also for sale with a mountain of parts that go with it. The orange Ford needs to go, it has a 300 six with Offy manifold, split headers, Holley carb, four-speed, and 4.10 gears, aluminum wheels. The green Fury wagon is not for sale.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Neat project. Post up a picture of the data plate when you get a chance.

wow factory am/fm plus floor eight track split seats etc.....one loaded option car.
Yeah, it's the cassette player that B- and E-body guys pay $400 for on Ebay. That plus a clean black dash pad, dual snorkel air cleaner, and core value on the running gear gets us to well over half of what I'm asking for the whole car.

Also forgot to mention that I have an unbroken fan shroud, and I think I have a replacement quarter panel end cap for the one that's dinged- I'll have to look for it. I might even have a set of dog dish caps with the holes. And the crap around the trunk lip isn't rot, it's pine needles from the neighbor's tree. I'd wipe it out, but it's all frozen in there right now.

Last edited:
Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, the tires I put on it only got a couple of thousand miles on them before I parked the car, so there should be plenty of life in those as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back