1972 Fury Sport Suburban Wagon Questions!!

Jeff A

Reaction score
Hey fellas
I just bought a 72 fury wagon in decent shape but want to start restoring to drive frequently!
The dash is cracked to hell
Anyone selling one?!
Or what car parts fit a 72 fury sport suburban?!

congrats on the car, post some pics please !
you need to be more specific about what parts you are looking for......
wagon only, sport suburban only or things that were on all furys like fenders hood etc
the dash pad can be restored or you could use 1 from a 69 to 73 fury, or a 71-73 monaco or polara.
there will be some slight differences but most people wont be able to tell.
bear in mind shipping a dash pad wont be cheap so try n find 1 close to you.

Hey fellas
I just bought a 72 fury wagon in decent shape but want to start restoring to drive frequently!
The dash is cracked to hell
Anyone selling one?!
Or what car parts fit a 72 fury sport suburban?!

Yes, Bob Baker at: Dash Pads For Dodge Polara And Plymouth Fury Sport Fury | ABC Moparts

His are reproductions and are molded from original dash frames and duplicate the original ones very well for a lot less money than trying to recover your current one that never looks very good compared to the originals. Bob's reproductions look just like originals with all the lines clearly defined compared to a recovered one and most of his wait times are likely a lot shorter too than recovered ones.

If your avatar shows your wagon, it is a a beauty and deserves the best. Love the color along with the woodgrain and the 72s are the best looking wagons IMO. A white interior really sets it off too although keeping it clean would be a chore.

Great score!

Last edited:
Yes, Bob Baker at: Dash Pads For Dodge Polara And Plymouth Fury Sport Fury | ABC Moparts

His are reproductions and are molded from original dash frames and duplicate the original ones very well for a lot less money than trying to recover your current one that never looks very good compared to the originals. Bob's reproductions look just like originals with all the lines clearly defined compared to a recovered one and most o. His wait times are likely a lot shorter too than recovered ones.

If your avatar shows your wagon, it is a a beauty and deserves the best. Love the color along with the woodgrain and the 72s are the best looking wagons IMO. A white interior really sets it off too although keeping it clean would be a chore.

Great score!
I agree with Steve on both Bob Baker's dash pads and your wagon does look awesome! Can't get a better color. Goes so well with the woodgrain. :thumbsup:

His are reproductions and are molded from original dash frames and duplicate the original ones very well for a lot less money than trying to recover your current one that never looks very good compared to the originals. Bob's reproductions look just like originals with all the lines clearly defined compared to a recovered one and most o. His wait times are likely a lot shorter too than recovered ones.
I have a 1972 Fury, dash pad also "cracked to hell"
His inventory shows out of stock on fury dash pads, plus a $200 core charge. Wouldn't he have to use our original cores? Or am I reading his site wrong?
Thanks. Ben

His inventory shows out of stock on fury dash pads, plus a $200 core charge. Wouldn't he have to use our original cores? Or am I reading his site wrong?
Thanks. Ben
Easy way to find out, call him. Get the straight answer in a matter of minutes. I imagine he'd use your old pad to make a new one.

Thanks. Ben

Bob would like you to send him your old dash frame so he can mold a new pad onto it. If you don't have a dash frame to send for some reason, he will supply one but that is why he requires a $200 core charge to cover his cost of getting extra frames from various sources when he can and to incentivize you to send yours in instead of him supplying one.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 10.31.58 PM.png

Back