1972 Imperial - was it made?

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Could a 1972 Imperial be purchased without AC? Northern states USA? Canadian Model? Any production numbers available on this? I have a 6-pack engine built that I'd love to stab into a 72 2-door without AC, but I'll bet I have a better chance of winning the Powerball! I think there were on 1900-ish 72 2-doors built.

Thanks for any intel!

My Casket.jpg

My Casket.jpg

If you are wondering about using the six pack with the A/C compressor, it can be done. With the stock compressor, you have to cut a notch in the front of the air cleaner base (I've done this) or you can use a Sanden compressor and a Bouchillon Performance bracket kit.

That said... Having used the six pack in a C-body myself, it really isn't a great combination. Too much weight to get moving with the six pack. You really need a lighter car with a steep gear to get the air moving through those carbs to make it work like it should... That doesn't mean it won't work... It just won't hit you in the *** like it will in a B-body.

My '67 coupe is a non a.c. Car but still has an Airtemp decal on the back glass.

Back