1972 interior and exterior questions

Cochon

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 72 Sport Suburban that I've been working on and I came across a 72 Gran Fury Sedan that is local. My main question is whether the interior (seats and door panels mainly) of the sedan will work in my wagon. More generally, how similar are the cars' other parts? My wagon is a 400 and the sedan is a 360. Would the A/C systems be the same? Thanks! Dan

image.jpeg

Hi Dan, the parts are very similar while I am sure the front door trim panels will be the same I am not so sure about the rear doors. Simply familiarizing yourself with their profile before you go look at the sedan will suffice. When it comes to the mechanicals the 360 car being a small block wont have interchangeable parts with the big block 400 engine, also the transmission too will be big block/small block specific. Everything else will be interchangeable but some parts may be different when it comes to what options the car came with. As an example the rear differential assy in your wagon may be a larger unit compared to the sedan depending on what the new car buyer ordered. Best way to check in get a look at the fender tag and have it decoded for both cars to see. . As for the AC componentry this will be all the same except for the mount brackets for the pump. Hope this helps, regards.

Back