For Sale 1972 Newport Coupe in NC (5,789 claimed miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. CL23M2C158021 (I have inserted the missing "2") is listed for sale at $14,995 despite pretty basic specs (cue the fabric front bench and the 2-speed wiper; the 400 and the A/C are the only major options I see, as the fender tag is not provided). The claimed ultra-low mileage might explain why there is a "sale pending". Still, at this price, I am posting the car for records here.

2323658-16-revo.jpg

2323658-24-revo.jpg

2323658-26-revo.jpg

2323658-4-revo.jpg

2323658-12-revo.jpg

2323658-37-revo.jpg

2323658-43-revo.jpg

2323658-45-revo.jpg

2323658-27-revo.jpg

2323658-39-revo.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, pretty sweet! I love the front of these ‘72s.

Looks good, but it could easily be a 105,789 highway mile car. Also since the front cloth seats are very durable so that's why I believe they show no wear.

You can see rust forming at the rear edge of the front driver wheel well. It had to be driven more then 5,789 miles for that to happen in my opinion. Also no pictures of the undercarriage do not help the claimed miles.

At most, I would be willing to pay half the asking price for it.

Last edited:
The brake pedal and front seat condition lead me to think it could be a low mileage vehicle.:confused:

The brake pedal and front seat condition lead me to think it could be a low mileage vehicle.:confused:

I have seen documented 30,000 mile cars with mostly local driving show some seat/pedal wear and cars with 130,000 all highway miles show little to no wear.

The rust in the wheel wells lead to me to believe the car was driven quite a bit

Very nice condition. And I like the 72s also without the rubber bumper bits they added next year. Ours was a nice runner with the 400. But.
Even at half the ask it’s still a low optioned base model.

Looks good, but it could easily be a 105,789 highway mile car. Also since the front cloth seats are very durable so that's why I believe they show no wear.

You can see rust forming at the rear edge of the front driver wheel well. It had to be driven more then 5,789 miles for that to happen in my opinion. Also no pictures of the undercarriage do not help the claimed miles.

At most, I would be willing to pay half the asking price for it.

I like this car, but I agree with your assessment. Also, I think this car probably had clear plastic seat covers on the seats and were recently removed when the car was put up for sale, revealing their pristine condition. A lotta people did that to their cars back in the day, when they were new. Also, the wheel rim lips are rusty all the way around, and there is rust showing elsewhere that would not be there after only 5K miles. I think this is a nice $4500 car. . .

In addition to a few other things under the hood, the A/C compressor has been replaced. There's no sticker on top; just the metal tag. The items that were replaced don't go in 5k miles.

2323658-12-revo.jpg

Not mine. CL23M2C158021 (I have inserted the missing "2") is listed for sale at $14,995 despite pretty basic specs (cue the fabric front bench and the 2-speed wiper; the 400 and the A/C are the only major options I see, as the fender tag is not provided). The claimed ultra-low mileage might explain why there is a "sale pending". Still, at this price, I am posting the car for records here.
Nice, Thanks!

I like this car, but I agree with your assessment. Also, I think this car probably had clear plastic seat covers on the seats and were recently removed when the car was put up for sale, revealing their pristine condition. A lotta people did that to their cars back in the day, when they were new. Also, the wheel rim lips are rusty all the way around, and there is rust showing elsewhere that would not be there after only 5K miles. I think this is a nice $4500 car. . .

My front seat of the 67 Mercury with 154,000 miles. The seats are fabric and were covered in plastic when I got the car in 2003. I took the plastic off and have only put 7,000 miles on the car since 2003.
Parklane_001.JPG

This car also has aftermarket hoses radiator cap and clamps, another thing that probably would not have gone south in the claimed mileage. Note blue corrosion on top radiator and rust on firewall. At 105k, this is about a $4.5-$5k car if the underside is solid. Still a nice car but not realistically priced.

Dave

Car looks good, however I am not a big fan of white. Interior looks brand new, but the engine needs major detailing and the car is a little pricey. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back