For Sale 1972 PLYMOUTH FURY - $5000 (45 S.E. 44TH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT MINE!!!... Not seeing much other than repeats. saw a 68 Fury that said post me but most likely a dealer so I'll post this one. (easy 1)

1972 PLYMOUTH FURY

title status: clean

00N0N_f1XpYVxAhd7_1200x900.jpg

00404_dQizxA0anEi_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_g3p1jxTIpvR_1200x900.jpg

1972 PLYMOUTH FURY , GRAN SEDAN
405-634-(see ad)
NEW TIRES

post id: 6767852923
posted: 2018-12-08 10:59am
updated: 2018-12-08 10:59am

This is the Fury Gran Sedan my buddy with the car lot has. 318 auto, cruise, AM/FM, air, carpet, 100K miles. New tires since the pics, drives great. Fuel system gone through w/new fuel pump, soft lines, and vatted fuel tank with new seal. Nice, extremely straight car. Nice interior. Stored in a shop for several years. Starts and drives great. A great buy for a Fusey fan. In OKC, OK.

Wow.Pickle and Lime!! Not a fan of chrysler corp. green at all.It hides the lines of these cars.I like green but just not this.Some NYB had like a forrest metallic green that was beautiful.But this is a lovely FURY for you guys who love them and i lust after the 73 the most.heh.B.B

I owned a 4 door 72 with a 360. Loved it. Thanks for posting.

She had highway gears and cruised the highways well. Give her enough throttle off the line and she could get out of her own way. Obviously no rocket ship but ok. Great AC!! Bright sunny 95 degrees out in TX and no clouds but I had snow squalls in the back seat lol!!

Very nice car and great memories. So good I bought another Fury 3 years ago.
Now if I could just find my CB radio,,it's around here somewhere....

This is the Fury Gran Sedan my buddy with the car lot has. 318 auto, cruise, AM/FM, air, carpet, 100K miles. New tires since the pics, drives great. Fuel system gone through w/new fuel pump, soft lines, and vatted fuel tank with new seal. Nice, extremely straight car. Nice interior. Stored in a shop for several years. Starts and drives great. A great buy for a Fusey fan. In OKC, OK.

Patrick... Being as your buddy has a car lot one would think he would like to move a few cars...
meaning this is more than just a hobby for him... Therefore,,, He should be more descriptive as
how you were in describing this car...
"1972 PLYMOUTH FURY , GRAN SEDAN
405-634-(see ad)
NEW TIRES "
does not entice me in the least.. It comes across as a lazy seller.. The adage of the car can sell itself
does not work... Seller should provide a decent amount of info as you have ...

And thank you for providing the info on this car.... :):)

Can't do anything about his lack of an overall description, but he does move cars. Sometimes the briefest ads work best. Classified advertising in the newspapers and pubs like HMN did just that for many decades. He's been doing it since 1992. Unfortunately, the interwebz have spoiled people that now "need" 125 pictures and a 15-page dissertation about a vehicle. That's lazy on the part of a buyer. Regardless of the number of pics and/or how detailed the description, you still need to lay eyeballs on a car and drive it, Or pay someone for a PPI to do that for you.

I put three miles on it for a little test drive. Pretty nice car!

Last edited:
Can't do anything about his lack of an overall description, but he does move cars. Sometimes the briefest ads work best. Classified advertising in the newspapers and pubs like HMN did just that for many decades. He's been doing it since 1992. Unfortunately, the interwebz have spoiled people that now "need" 125 pictures and a 15-page dissertation about a vehicle. That's lazy on the part of a buyer. Regardless of the number of pics and/or how detailed the description, you still need to lay eyeballs on a car and drive it, Or pay someone for a PPI to do that for you.

I tend to agree. Always leave them wanting more. Real buyers will ask specific questions.

Unfortunately, the interwebz have spoiled people that now "need" 125 pictures and a 15-page dissertation about a vehicle. That's lazy on the part of a buyer. Regardless of the number of pics and/or how detailed the description, you still need to lay eyeballs on a car and drive it, Or pay someone for a PPI to do that for you.

I fully agree..... However a short description as you provided tells me if I am interested or not..
Motor, trans, basic options... I agree with Carmine as well that real buyers will ask.... Especially
these days where cell phones don't have long distance charges.....

I fully agree..... However a short description as you provided tells me if I am interested or not..
Motor, trans, basic options... I agree with Carmine as well that real buyers will ask.... Especially
these days where cell phones don't have long distance charges.....

Agree... I do include some basics to spare needless phone calls.

I tend to agree. Always leave them wanting more. Real buyers will ask specific questions.

I guess I hafta agree with the idea of an abbreviated ad. I recently bought a 2005 Lincoln LS Sport from a dealer in NC, who listed the car with no pictures. They did provide a little info regarding color and 67K+ mileage. Contacted them and asked for a few pictures, which they sent. Bought the car a week later. However, I think the car was overlooked by other prospective buyers, because of the lack of pictures - worked to my advantage. . .

I guess I hafta agree with the idea of an abbreviated ad. I recently bought a 2005 Lincoln LS Sport from a dealer in NC, who listed the car with no pictures. They did provide a little info regarding color and 67K+ mileage. Contacted them and asked for a few pictures, which they sent. Bought the car a week later. However, I think the car was overlooked by other prospective buyers, because of the lack of pictures - worked to my advantage. . .

I found the nicest example of one of those on a 2010 trip to PHX and alerted a Lincoln-friend who bought it on my advice. Lava-red/tan. He loves it, but barely ever drives it. :(

I found the nicest example of one of those on a 2010 trip to PHX and alerted a Lincoln-friend who bought it on my advice. Lava-red/tan. He loves it, but barely ever drives it. :(

Its a really fun car. I was looking for an American rear-wheel drive car with a V8, that didn't cost a lot. And the Lincoln LS Sport turned up in my search. The engine and drive train is all Jaguar-based. And the suspension gives it almost a go-kart feel.

Its a really fun car. I was looking for an American rear-wheel drive car with a V8, that didn't cost a lot. And the Lincoln LS Sport turned up in my search. The engine and drive train is all Jaguar-based. And the suspension gives it almost a go-kart feel.

My buddy was involved with the steering design. That platfrom is called DEW98 if I recall. Unfortunately the Lincoln version got shafted from the highest-output version of the V8 because of the need to keep Jaguar "special".

I hate the ball-less wonders that run American companies. It's like politics, but with cars.

20181005_162339.jpg
Only faults I see and notice is a cracked dash pad, the applique across the rear bumper (needs painted), and the headliner sags a bit at the doors. It just turned 100K, quite literally. The odo shows nine miles. I don't know if the A/C blows cold or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back