For Sale 1972 Plymouth Gran Fury 2 door $$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpkrt

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've never seen this one before, but was wondering if Mark Worman is now doing C Bodies?

https://ksu.craigslist.org/ctd/6609174160.html?lang=en&cc=us

1972 Fury 2 dr $.jpg

1972 Fury 2 dr $$.jpg

1972 Fury 2 dr $$$.jpg

1972 Fury 2 dr $$$$.jpg

1972 Fury 2 dr $$$$$.jpg

Wow.. You could have "open whatever surgery" on/in that car... to bad the pic's are so small..!

00c0c_2emWipd7epK_1200x900.jpg
00d0d_4bttpEXRqLu_1200x900.jpg
00e0e_9M16iUm8KJK_1200x900.jpg
00K0K_1XuRH8RV4ev_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_iAP4GZf3ahs_1200x900.jpg
00x0x_jgX22Mheont_1200x900.jpg
00Z0Z_4kvTCVW7m86_1200x900.jpg
00707_jAMWta35DhI_1200x900.jpg
00909_2MwkOvWhotD_1200x900.jpg
01717_bRORHNaaNRn_1200x900.jpg

No bucket seats? What was the original buyer thinking? Just comfort in having a center arm rest rather than nothing to lean his elbox on? Since that car will never be driven, buckets would have been the way to go.

If gaudy Hursts can go for more than $40K when restored to a good condition, not a great condition, this car might not be so unreasonably priced given its exemplary originality.

Last edited:
I never really paid much attention to these cars. My own personal preference. I like 70 & under, but this car certainly changed my mind. It is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had the money.

Someone sunk a lot of money into this car yet the trunk compartment was done with GM spatter paint. Looks like log style exhaust manifolds so shouldn't the engine be blue? The color of the fuel tank appears to be incorrect. Yes, I am being picky but if you are going to ask $40k for a '72 Fury it had better be 100% perfect.

It's a Gran Coupe and as such, I don't think buckets were available on the Gran Coupe.

No bucket seats? What was the original buyer thinking? Just comfort in having a center arm rest rather than nothing to lean his elbox on? Since that car will never be driven, buckets would have been the way to go.

If gaudy Hursts can go for more than $40K when restored to a good condition, not a great condition, this car might not be so unreasonably priced given its exemplary originality. Hard to believe it even has 14K miles on it. A real reference car.

That is the sad part of this car, it probably cost at least $40k to bring it back to near perfect and now it can't be driven or the value will fall off a cliff. It is more or less doomed to be a show car. I think there is value is there even though he would be hard pressed to get the asking price on a car that was from the factory with a 360 2BBL engine.

Dave

I corrected this post to reflect non correct engine.

Last edited:
Someone sunk a lot of money into this car yet the trunk compartment was done with GM spatter paint. Looks like log style exhaust manifolds so shouldn't the engine be blue? The color of the fuel tank appears to be incorrect. Yes, I am being picky but if you are going to ask $40k for a '72 Fury it had better be 100% perfect.

It's a Gran Coupe and as such, I don't think buckets were available on the Gran Coupe.

Bucket seats were available in Gran Coupes, cloth in the Brougham models and vinyl in the regular Gran Coupes.

72_Fury0002.jpg

72_Fury0009.jpg

Last edited:
I could only imagine how much money is in that car. unfortunately as you said it is really just something to look at. It is to nice if that's possible. I don't think I would be able to drive it.

The ad lists the VIN number, it has a K engine code. 360 2BBL.

Dave

Even if you paid 40 grand? Unlikely! I've said it before, until you are in that situation, don't proclaim. It is a nice problem to have but you will obsess .

I would drive it even if it was one of none with a hemi....

I have more than half of that in my NYB and I'm not even close to having it done yet.

Look again at the pic's, the car has a big block in it. It may have started life as a 360 car but it's not one now.

Agreed, I knew that, point being it is a wanna be car which makes it worth a lot less than the $40 k asking price. Engine has a 440 HP air cleaner, not correct, and log manifolds=350 HP 440. (or less depending on what year this 440 was from). Car could be a really pristine talking piece, but not worth anything like the asking price.

Dave

Look again at the pic's, the car has a big block in it. It may have started life as a 360 car but it's not one now.

Umm I think that was his point. It has the wrong engine in it.

Lot of $$$ for a Frankenfury. Unless of course you always wanted a nice red one like this one and don't have the time or talent to build one yourself.

Of course that's like maybe 3 people on the planet...

Kevin

Would anybody here dare to drive it on the dirt roads at Carlisle or Garlits?? Not me. They restored to Useless level. Can't even put your feet in it. Plus I'm Fuselage illiterate and even I can see some things to nitpick about.
I still love the car but economic sensibilities destroy it. I'll take the 40k and restore a driveable car thank you very much.

It is immaculate, tho. Somebody will fall in love with FM Red and buy it for Attention ***** factor. There's always one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back