For Sale 1972 Plymouth Gran Fury 2 door $$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw, it looks like they didnt even put grease in the bushings and ball joints...

If it is never going to be driven, why bother. FYI for correct from the factory effect, a small amount of residual grease would be on the cars that had fittings, Pretty sure these came with plugs until the 36k routine service for the front end.

Dave

I thought I read there are 2 studded snow tires that the owner will throw in for free.

Weird resto for sure...why go to all the trouble of paint markings, etc. and then paint engine wrong color, wrong air cleaner, compression fittings on trans lines, spatter paint trunk...

Cool car with lots of eyeball. If I won the lottery I'd use it for a daily driver in the summer.

I would drive it even if it was one of none with a hemi....

I have more than half of that in my NYB and I'm not even close to having it done yet.

Doesn't matter how much you have into it. It's the condition of the car and the details that matter.
We will probably never know though will we?

Would anybody here dare to drive it on the dirt roads at Carlisle or Garlits?? Not me. They restored to Useless level. Can't even put your feet in it. Plus I'm Fuselage illiterate and even I can see some things to nitpick about.
I still love the car but economic sensibilities destroy it. I'll take the 40k and restore a driveable car thank you very much.

It is immaculate, tho. Somebody will fall in love with FM Red and buy it for Attention ***** factor. There's always one...

Yes, I would drive it on the gravel & dirt roads at Carlisle and I would drive it in the rain. Cars are meant to be driven and dust and dirt can be cleaned and paint can be touched up.

Yes, I would drive it on the gravel & dirt roads at Carlisle and I would drive it in the rain. Cars are meant to be driven and dust and dirt can be cleaned and paint can be touched up.
You have and your Furys look incredible.

1. Browse Our Inventory of New Chrysler 300s and Save Big on Your New Chrysler 300

2017 Chrysler 300/MSRP

From $35,675

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW03Z6n90btigeO1ozsLNB5BfqEdsx--nWY5DVACYT5MGzVJzYbeQjjbGX.jpg

MPG: Up to 19 city / 30 highway
Horsepower: 300 to 363 hp

You guy are right ...who would spend almost 40k on a new looking car then actually drive it and lower the value.
That would be crazy ..right?

1. Browse Our Inventory of New Chrysler 300s and Save Big on Your New Chrysler 300

2017 Chrysler 300/MSRP

From $35,675

View attachment 192827
MPG: Up to 19 city / 30 highway
Horsepower: 300 to 363 hp

You guy are right ...who would spend almost 40k on a new looking car then actually drive it and lower the value.
That would be crazy ..right?
That will depreciate just sitting in the garage.
It's called the depreciation curve.
Let's compare apples n oranges.

My point was cars should be driven...
And the price of a car should not be the determining factor...

I love it but I could never buy that way even if I had the dough. As Commando1 said: keep the 40 grand, restore something to a reasonable level and put the change in the tank.

Would anybody here dare to drive it on the dirt roads at Carlisle or Garlits?? Not me. They restored to Useless level. Can't even put your feet in it. Plus I'm Fuselage illiterate and even I can see some things to nitpick about.
I still love the car but economic sensibilities destroy it. I'll take the 40k and restore a driveable car thank you very much.

It is immaculate, tho. Somebody will fall in love with FM Red and buy it for Attention ***** factor. There's always one...

Au contraire. The restored condition can be replicated anytime if desired. I could take such a car as a DD and run it slowly down with good maintenance in the next 30 years without any regret. Wouldn't do it with a 20k mile original car in single stage metallic and some minor Surface rust due to typical cheap mass production build Quality. But I would definitely use them both but to different extend.

Serious question to, hopefully, friends. I’m trying to get a feel for perspective.

Is it the idea of driving a car for which you spent 40k (which I think is unrealistic for this particular car) or the level of restoration that makes driving it more bothersome?

Are you more troubled by the dollar amount and retention of “investment value” or that you would be the one to degrade paint daubs and put wear on the car?

I drive all my cars the same way quick but not risky. The original low mileage cars only way less often to Keep the condition relatively unaltered. If there's one Thing I hate it's classic car owners, especially with powerful cars hindering others with an overcautious driving style.

Is it the idea of driving a car for which you spent 40k (which I think is unrealistic for this particular car) or the level of restoration that makes driving it more bothersome?
For me, it's the combination of the two. Paying too much and then devaluing it by going against why it was an unrealistic price in the first place.
It makes me wonder about the buyer. Not the car or the price actually. What kind of person thinks that's ok?

Apples n oranges comparison? Maybe, I dunno.
A thoroughly trashed house is bought and it is fixed up to better than new. Fair market value of the now beautiful house is 500k.
House is put on the market for 1 mil and is bought by a Rapper and then turns it into a party house.
Make sense? Hell no.

Last edited:
I am impressed with the knowledge of cars you guys have on this forum. When I looked at the pictures of the car and never noticed that it wasn't fully original. I guess if I ever get enough money to buy a 40k car I better spend time doing my homework.
With that being said, I have a 1970 Fury III and a 1968 Barracuda and I wouldn't dream of leaving them parked. I love to pull both of them out and drive them every chance I get. Both cars aren't in show quality yet, but I am working on them.
Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back