69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
RARE! 1972 Plymouth Fury 1 Police Car 440 HP Mopar

upload_2017-11-22_20-2-55.png

upload_2017-11-22_20-3-15.png

upload_2017-11-22_20-3-35.png

upload_2017-11-22_20-3-54.png

Putting up for sale my 1972 Fury 1 police car. It is not a clone! Its is a real PK41U police package. Always inside under my care. Does have some rust. Body does has some dings and a old war wound from back in the day. But not bad. Lord knows I have seen way worse! This car has been a part of my collection for 20 years. I believe the car has 80 thousand original miles on it. Still has all its original hoses on the engine! The numbers on the VIN match the engine. It has been sitting for 20 years. I soaked the engine and changed the oil. Engine still runs great and no smoke. Will need a tune up though. Going to need brakes and new tires to drive.

The car was owned by a Mopar collector before me. Was used in some of the shots in the movie drugstore cowboy in 1989. The paint is original except the front doors from the movie.

These are the best muscle cars ever built! Heavy duty everything! Probably the best original 72 fury 440 HP police car in existence!

The car needs a complete restoration. But is a great start!Want to see the car go to a collector that's has more time for it. Don't need to be sitting anymore collecting dust!

Have a clear title in my name. Car is located in Silverton OR

I know you well enough, that's not the reason. It can be an excuse but you weren't buying regardless

Putting up for sale my 1972 Fury 1 police car. It is not a clone! Its is a real PK41U police package. Always inside under my care. Does have some rust. Body does has some dings and a old war wound from back in the day. But not bad. Lord knows I have seen way worse! This car has been a part of my collection for 20 years. I believe the car has 80 thousand original miles on it. Still has all its original hoses on the engine! The numbers on the VIN match the engine. It has been sitting for 20 years. I soaked the engine and changed the oil. Engine still runs great and no smoke. Will need a tune up though. Going to need brakes and new tires to drive.

The car was owned by a Mopar collector before me. Was used in some of the shots in the movie drugstore cowboy in 1989. The paint is original except the front doors from the movie.

These are the best muscle cars ever built! Heavy duty everything! Probably the best original 72 fury 440 HP police car in existence!

The car needs a complete restoration. But is a great start!Want to see the car go to a collector that's has more time for it. Don't need to be sitting anymore collecting dust!

Have a clear title in my name. Car is located in Silverton OR
[/QUOTE

Looks like an original Oregon Cruiser as none of theirs had air in '72 and nearly all of them were white. State of Oregon used to sell them at auction at around 70k miles. They were very low option cars usually having nothing but the police package. You can spot what looks like the steel antenna mount just to the rear of the back window on the top of the LR quarter panel. Usually the holes for the mount were were bondo filled and painted over at the State Prison. At that time Oregon was training inmates to do body work.

Dave

Dave

L

Looks like an original Oregon State Police Cruiser as none of theirs had air in 1972. Mileage would be right as the Oregon cars were auctioned between 70-80k miles as part of the fleet replacement program. The Oregon cars were very low option vehicles, usually having just the police package. If it is an Oregon vehicle, it will have a bondo covered patch just to the rear of the back window on the right side. This is where the steel whip antenna mount would have been. They used to send them to the State Prison where the inmates would do bondo work and repaint the patched areas of the cars prior to sale. The Oregon cars also had a hole drilled in the radio delete plate for the switch for the light bar on the roof. Nearly all of the OSP cars were white then.

Dave

I used to prowl around for Fox body Mustangs and IROC Camaros in the late 80s in a 72 Fury Pursuit. I never did achieve top speed in it. I got scared after 120 mph and it was still pulling strong.
Seeing this makes me miss that car.

I used to prowl around for Fox body Mustangs and IROC Camaros in the late 80s in a 72 Fury Pursuit. I never did achieve top speed in it. I got scared after 120 mph and it was still pulling strong.
You are not helping...

With 3.23 gears in a 69-70 pursuit special U code car, you could expect to get about 135mph out of it without breaking it.
By 1972, they were significantly de-tuned with the holly carb and a much leaner mixture so about 125mph was about it on flat land running. A lot of cruisers came in for valve jobs after any long term pursuits from '72 on. The 74 and later ones would often burn out the valve cover sealant and either catch fire or run out of oil on extended high speed pursuits.

Dave

I am out of touch on car prices. Is $7,500 a reasonable price for that car?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back