For Sale 1973 Chrysler New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Buckley

Reaction score
Contact seller
Had this posted a couple of months back. Although the older post went inactive, it appears that the detailed description and all of the photos are still viewable. Please let me know if not.

Have lowered price to $6500. Thanks FCBO!

SAM_1453.JPG

SAM_1454.JPG

SAM_1455.JPG

SAM_1456.JPG

SAM_1456a.JPG

SAM_1488.JPG

Last edited:
Good luck with the sale of CS43T3C284292 !

To keep things on track in the present thread, here is the link to the previous thread in which many questions were answered:

For Sale - 1973 New Yorker for sale

Were the trunk extensions replaced?
Or do the pics generally show areas where bondo was applied?
Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. To my knowledge, the trunk extensions are original and solid and to my knowledge, there is no bondo anywhere on the car. I believe there was some surface rust on the trunk floor which was cleaned and then primered over. On the right trunk extension, the rustproofing that was applied appears to have some bubbles from when it was applied. I am guessing that a little air was mixed in with the material and bubbled immediately after application. On the left extension there is a small, apx 1.5" square of material located next to a mounting stud that has also been coated over with rust proofing. I do not know why this is there, when it was place there, or what that material is.

Thanks. It's unusual that the trunk extensions are primered, but the rest of the trunk is excellent original. Does the trunk leak in the rain?

The car sat out in a heavy downpour a few years ago before I could make room for it in my garage. I live in southeast Texas and anyone who knows the area knows that we can have some real intense, prolonged rain storms and this was one of those. Hence the light coating of sand/dirt on the underside which splashed up during the storm. The trunk had several boxes in it, none of which showed any signs of water damage and no water was observed in the trunk (or anywhere in the car). Maybe the trunk did leak at one point in time as there is a significant amount of primer work on the trunk floor and extensions, but it sure didn't leak during that downpour.

A little more history here.....my folks did not purchase the car new so I cannot say what, if anything was done to it prior to their ownership. I moved away from the house (and thus, the car) in 1981 and was not involved in its upkeep after that time. About 7 years ago, mom got to where she could not live by herself anymore so she came to Texas to live with us. The car was brought to Texas about 5 years ago in its current condition. Based upon what I can see, it looks as though there was some surface rust beginning to take hold in the trunk, hence all of the primer work. I have sent a message to my brother who was doing the general maintenance on it when he could, to see if he can add more to this. I will post his reply here when I receive it.

Sorry I can't be more specific on these particulars, I just simply do not know. Thank you for your patience.....

Update from my brother:

Looking inside the trunk floor where the joints come together, I either saw a potential problem area or rust starting to form or both. So I stripped those areas down to bare metal, cleaned and primed with Rustoleum metal primer. Then followed that with either Rustoleum black enamel or Ziebart sealant or both. Aside from the left front fender and trim and driver door trim, nothing else was replaced.

The above marks the end of my brother's comments. Mine follow below.

The above pretty much confirms what I thought had taken place.

1970FuryConv, you mentioned above that "the trunk extensions are primered, but the rest of the trunk is excellent original". Just want to be clear that the rest of the trunk is not excellent original. Other overall pictures of the trunk show large areas of the trunk floor that have been cleaned up and primered just as the extensions, but not painted the OEM color or had rust proofing applied. However, I believe that all of the trunk area is still original metal and has never been reworked in any way other than what has been stated above.

Hope this helps clear up any concerns about work in the trunk. If you have further questions or need more clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. I will do my best to answer them. Thank you.

Hi Douglas,
My mistake. I misremembered the trunk photos. I think it was thoughtful of your brother to leave the trunk in condition for someone to have it repainted the original color. It shows a great respect for your parents that you both kept the car so well. I admire that.
Thanks for your patience with me and also for all the information.
I will let you know if I have further questions.
I hope you find a good home for your parents' car.
Do you have any interest on c-bodies otherwise? Best to you, Ben
sam_1514-jpg.jpg

sam_1515-jpg.jpg

Hi Douglas,
My mistake. I misremembered the trunk photos. I think it was thoughtful of your brother to leave the trunk in condition for someone to have it repainted the original color. It shows a great respect for your parents that you both kept the car so well. I admire that.
Thanks for your patience with me and also for all the information.
I will let you know if I have further questions.
I hope you find a good home for your parents' car.
Do you have any interest on c-bodies otherwise? Best to you, Ben
View attachment 502353
View attachment 502354
PM Sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back