For Sale 1973 Chrysler Newport Survivor Big block 400 mopar - $5500 (St Paul)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Chrysler Newport Survivor Big block 400 mopar

Mint inside and rust free near perfect outside.
Never seen salt or winter.
Runs and drives great. Carb could use a rebuild (might get that done if I find time)
New oem radiator. Mechanically sold and strong.

Just picked it up as a "barn find" from an old man who only drove it 220 miles sense 1997.

Calls or texts preferred. Open to offers and trades. 651-329-0033

00t0t_8zFhFfELg5_600x450.jpg

00t0t_8zFhFfELg5_50x50c.jpg
00u0u_dMEgLa6vtdp_50x50c.jpg
00R0R_jKQivnzvIcm_50x50c.jpg
00T0T_fVEjORrVzUx_50x50c.jpg
00y0y_dTuowM13OVb_50x50c.jpg
00b0b_82877gGdwUe_50x50c.jpg
00O0O_bPHxErCfm7X_50x50c.jpg
00s0s_e3RCKbsfoKz_50x50c.jpg

Didnt we do this several weeks ago? Hard to believe there could be two this nice

So please tell us, why is five grand too much for what appears to be a beautiful 73 Chrysler ?

You gotta love those Naval interiors!

Um. . . That would be a "Navajo" interior. . . I really really like these Navajos. Saw a guy at Carlisle two years ago with a very nice 2-door. He was trying to get $2500 for it, and there were no takers. If I hadn't been knee deep in my own projects, I woulda pulled the trigger. Maybe someday. . .

Love those Navajo interiors. Nice sedan and appears rust free for the most part. I would give him his BIN price.

Um. . . That would be a "Navajo" interior. . . I really really like these Navajos. Saw a guy at Carlisle two years ago with a very nice 2-door. He was trying to get $2500 for it, and there were no takers. If I hadn't been knee deep in my own projects, I woulda pulled the trigger. Maybe someday. . .

I figured I would just let it go

I'll come to your defense Kevin.

Looks like a classic case of Auto-correct gone awry.

Jeff
Thankyou Jeff ......I didn't think much of the 'Naval' interiors anyway!! .....would have looked good in the Mariner though !! .....hows the 73 Fury shaping up??

Thankyou Jeff ......I didn't think much of the 'Naval' interiors anyway!! .....would have looked good in the Mariner though !! .....hows the 73 Fury shaping up??

I spent a couple hours going through it earlier in the week, and then packed it away for the winter in the car barn. It's going to need all the usual stuff to get it ready for the road, so hopefully I can get that done in the spring and bring it to our club events. I was planning to do a full report on it, maybe on Sunday night if I can find some time.

I'm looking forward to your report and plenty of pictures if you can.

So please tell us, why is five grand too much for what appears to be a beautiful 73 Chrysler ?

I'm not saying it is, I just don't feel like paying that much, that's all.
I would agree 5k is steep for what it is .
The fact its still for sale says something about its price...

Sorry but I disagree, I think it's priced right. It may take the right buyer but non the less I think it's fair. I'm kinda getting tired of the $2500 mantra. A lot of us have very nice cars that we've poured our hearts and souls into and to constantly hear that they aren't worth anything is getting very frustrating.

All things pretty equal...if it was a clean 72-73 Imperial and local...I would buy it for 5K.

Sorry but I disagree, I think it's priced right. It may take the right buyer but non the less I think it's fair. I'm kinda getting tired of the $2500 mantra. A lot of us have very nice cars that we've poured our hearts and souls into and to constantly hear that they aren't worth anything is getting very frustrating.

The CBs of the C body world devalue the very cars they love, it is EXTREMELY frustrating

It may be worth that, but I have a hard time when I see a car going for a price like this, with "barn find" or "little old lady" used in the description. It should read; "Got this vehicle for a song and a dance, and now I want to make a lot of money." I've seen too many like this near me, and they never budge on price, feels like Mr. Lash's relatives are selling cars.

I understand it sucks our cars get crapped on all day long, I've got more money in my car than if I found one in a similar condition, and I'll never get it back, that's one reason I'll never sell it. And it's funny how I can get a parts car for a fair price but no one wants much at giveaway prices, granted I took the front end and the complete I interior there isn't much left but parts car number 2 won't be in much demand either.

That said, this car has been for sale for a while, at least a year or more, same pics, same ad, same price. Hope it still looks like the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back