SOLD 1973 Chrysler Town and Country Passenger Wagon (Selling for my Grandfather)

Is asking price inline with market value

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Meier

Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Chrysler Town and Country Passenger Wagon
1973 Chrysler Town and Country Passenger Wagon - cars & trucks - by...

Asking Prices Shown
Will consider reasonable offers
Pictures available at the link above

-ASKING PRICE: $15,000 (will consider offers and input on asking price)
-4-Door Hard Top (w/ Vinyl Top)
-440 CID Big Block 4 BRL Carb
-74,996 Miles
-Covered and Stored In Indoor Storage Since 1989

-There were 14,687 Town and Country Wagons produced in 1973.
-440 CUI engine with 4-bbl carburetor sporting 215 brake hp.
-It was assembled at the plant. Scheduled assembly date was November 16th, 1972.

Trying to determine what these codes mean
    • R31 - single rearseat speakers
    • N51 - max cooling A/C
    • V5X - body side molding -black
    • G11 - tinted glass ALL
    • M91 - luggage rack
    • M96 - is this “M86” or “M96” ? The wagons have an ornament pkg code M86
    • JY3 - paint color light gold
    • H51 - A/C
    • R13 - AM radio 4 watt
    • L31 - fender mounted turnsignal
    • P44 - power lock tailgate
    • JY3 - paint color
    • D8T5 - interior trim deluxe cloth & vinyl 50:50 bench T5 color - light tan
    • HT7 - upper doorframe paint
    • B27 - 11x2 rear brakes
    • 101195 - order number
    • E85 - 440 4-barrel engine
    • D34 - 727 automatic trans
    • CP46 - Chrysler 9 passenger station wagon
    T - 440 4- barrel engine
    3 - model year 1973
    C - Jefferson MI assembly plantVIN: CP46T3C175164

Last edited:
This is a La,La land price. Typical wagon goes for around $6,500-$7,500 for a really nice example that is rust free.

Dave

I can tell you that a certain 69 wagon sold 4 separate times for more than your guess, but less than his ask.

Yes, but the wagon you speak of is much less common than a '73 T&C, and was a very desirable color combination.

This T&C is very, very nice, but has a few things working against getting top dollar.

It's an ok color, but not a great color.

It doesn't have the power options that a big money buyer would expect on a T&C.

The aftermarket rustproofing needs to go, and that's going to be a messy and unpleasant task.

Jeff

The other thing of course is that this car must have done a lot of short trip driving to only rack up about 75k total miles 47 years. Short trip cars tend to have engine issues because they are usually full of sludge.

Dave

The other thing of course is that this car must have done a lot of short trip driving to only rack up about 75k total miles 47 years. Short trip cars tend to have engine issues because they are usually full of sludge.

Dave

I've never found sludge issues on BB Mopars as long as they have been properly maintained, regardless of mileage.

Jeff

I can tell you that a certain 69 wagon sold 4 separate times for more than your guess, but less than his ask.
Peter your old wagon was an exceptional car. It had everything going for it. I drooled over it many times when it was here in Arizona. When Paul first talked about selling it I really tried to figure out how make a deal but the timing was wrong.

I assume we are talking about my Monaco wagon. Since I got it, all new front end for it, all new brakes, new master cylinder, performer rpm manifold, radiator cleaned out, new brake lines, new gas lines, electric fuel pump, cruise control, new water pump and a few other things. Getting it ready for a heavy driving year. :)

I assume we are talking about my Monaco wagon. Since I got it, all new front end for it, all new brakes, new master cylinder, performer rpm manifold, radiator cleaned out, new brake lines, new gas lines, electric fuel pump, cruise control, new water pump and a few other things. Getting it ready for a heavy driving year. :)
That's the one.

Dave
Dave, I've never disagreed with you so much ....

That's a very nice car. $19k nice... no.... I think your gramps had been watching too much Barrett Jackson / Mecum. LOL.

I sold my '76 T&C, same color combo, pretty much same condition about 4 years ago for less than half that. I think his should bring $7-8k to the right buyer. Advertise it for $9k go from there. Just my thoughts.. don't set me on fire... LOL

There was an extremely nice all original survivor 73 T & C at fall Hershey in the coral. Absolutely rust free. Asking price was $14,000/make offer. Arizona car. Don't know selling price but the car did sell that weekend. It is written up in April Hemmings.
20200229_125929.jpg

Way outta most peoples league. Better to be realistic than in outer space.....takes away most of the buyers in the market. I'd say $10-12,000.00

I don't think your price is all that bad for such a nice example. Advertise it in Hemmings or put it on Ebay. There are buyers out there that will pay in that vicinity for a 3 seat wagon. I personally really like the light yellow with carmel interior and the interior is very nice, the rear cargo side panels are good, the carpet looks well cared for and even the exterior woodgrain is very nice and very hard to find in that shape.

Dave, I've never disagreed with you so much ....
Thank you....I will consider offers. I need to convince my grandfather that he's asking too much.

As you can see, we do not all agree on values. In the end, the market place will determine what this wagon is worth. As suggested, put it up on Hemmings at the asking price and see what happens. I do not think you will be likely a lot of calls at $18k but you never know. I look at this car and wonder what I would do with it, 7-8mpg smog motors do not really float my boat as it were, but there are others, sometimes with money to spend who would think it is the perfect road cruiser. Usually a buyer with that kind of funds has a lot of choices at that price range besides a wagon, but then it might be just what somebody wants to take the wife and kids on a Chevy Chase style vacation to Wally World.

Dave

Really nice wagon, I'd guess worth 10K plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back