1973 Fury Special - as rare as hen's teeth

Georg/BBTR

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

a few days ago something really rare surfaced in Texas - a genuine 1973 Fury Special! I searched the web for almost a year and talked to people but no one had any photos of a surviving car. Or of any Fury Special at all. Just what we know from the ads.

The Fury was offered for 4000 USD in Rosenberg, Texas. Even though it had some rust issues on the dutchman panel and the trunk,
it sold very quickly. I really, really hope someone on here bought it!

For those who haven't seen it, here are some images including the fender tag!

FurySpecial01.jpg
FurySpecial02.jpg
FurySpecial03.jpg
FurySpecial04.jpg
FurySpecial06.jpg
FurySpecial.jpg

Might this be something of an extension of the old "White Hat"-type spring special cars of the later '60s? With particular color/trim combinations and a few extra options packaged at an attractive price? Other than just "free automatic transmission" or "free air conditioning", which usually were different promotions?

Nice looking car,
CBODY67

Might this be something of an extension of the old "White Hat"-type spring special cars of the later '60s? With particular color/trim combinations and a few extra options packaged at an attractive price? Other than just "free automatic transmission" or "free air conditioning", which usually were different promotions?

Nice looking car,
CBODY67
Sounds more along the lines of the Navajo.

Thank you for posting about this PH43K3D296043 -- the Fuselage.de website has a full page dedicated to the Gold Sticker Fury Special here.

Did anyone already figure out what A82 on the fender tag means? Some sites manage "68-71 Police Ornamentation Group", but that won't do in this case. One could guess "1973 Fury Special Package", but that's just guessing.

Did anyone already figure out what A82 on the fender tag means? Some sites manage "68-71 Police Ornamentation Group", but that won't do in this case. One could guess "1973 Fury Special Package", but that's just guessing.

I think that's a pretty safe guess. The only way to prove it would be to find a Fury Special window sticker somewhere. Chances of that happening are not very high.

Jeff

Take those ugly *** tits/fangs off of it and it would look a thousand times better!
Those "things" you don't like on the bumper were there to allow Chrysler another model year or so to get their energy-absorbing bumpers into production. With hjydraulic absorbers rather than the rubber pucks. They were obviously an add-on band-aid fix, but it was also determined that that extra length allowed the treansportation companies to charge higher charges due to their extra length on the vehicles. Although the same number of vehicles were on the same transports. I saw that in the Iacocca book, I believe.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Those "things" you don't like on the bumper were there to allow Chrysler another model year or so to get their energy-absorbing bumpers into production
I know exactly why they are there.... I've preached about them numerous times.
My point is take the damn things OFF! They are hideous and take away from the true design and beauty of the bumpers.

I second that. The '73 Fury is the least favorite of the Plymouth Fuselage C-Bodies over here in Germany. Guess the car stays in the US.

Probably because of the ugly *** rubber tits. LOL.
Only two bolts and they're off. Let the beauty shine through.

[QUOTE="Georg/DFL,
a few days ago something really rare surfaced in Texas - a genuine 1973 Fury Special!

Sometimes the reason something is rare is because no one wanted one in the first place. :rolleyes:

Back