1973 grand sedan fury

McPherson 57

Reaction score
I order a pair if front calipers for my 73 grand sedan fury. The car had been parked for nearly 10 years out side. The calipers were froze up. So when I go to install the new calipers they don't go over the rotors they are a 1/4 inch narrow. I took them back and found that this 73 grand sedan indeed does require a larger caliper. I rebuilt the old calipers and they are fine. But I finally did get some replacements to shelve for the future. The calipers that were on the car that I rebuilt I found out to be Kelsey Hayes. The replacements were remanufactured by A1cardone part #'s 18-4031 and 18-4032. One had a Chrysler pentastar in the casting and the other one did not. I suppose I could have bought new rotors and used the calipers that came into the auto parts store but they were in in great shape. Has anyone else ever ran into this fitment problem before?

Last edited:
I did not run into this with my 73. I bought calipers for a 73 fury and the fit perfectly. I did have issues with getting correct brakes hoses though. The first set I got seemed short, as they would pull at full steering lock.

Nick

Back