1973 Imperial Sentinel wiring under dash extension/jumper/ pig tail

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just started to diagnose my headlight issues when I found this extension from a relay to the sentinel wiring to under hood sensor on my Imperial. I have not located this item in the parts or service manual.
Would anyone have a source for new or for the triple female plug so I can repair the heat damage? I found another very small gauge wire connection Violet and grey that is barely holding on that needs repaired as well. I don't want to plug in my new made of unattainium dimmer switch into bad wiring and screw it up.
Thanks
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG

Last edited:

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think this Pico 536-BP will do the trick. Would be nice to find the original jumper connector though.
5356-1200x1200.jpg

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's the same connector (apart from the color) as on the AC Controls for example. I should have a spare but would have to ship it from Germany...
Maybe someone in the US has a spare wiring harness he could snip it of for you. If not, let me know.

Dashboard Wiring Harness - 039.JPG

Cut the old terminals off and replace them with new ones. As good as new!

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes that was my plan to use that connector. I knew it was used on the AC system, but did not know where. Thank you for that info. From what I have found on information it was used for a couple of decades on AC.

Is that the dash controls?