For Sale 1973 New Yorker for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Buckley

Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Chrysler New Yorker, located in Spring, Texas. $7000 cash only.

This car has been in the family since the mid 70's. It was a daily driver up until about 2007, has 140,586 miles on it and a such, the paint has its share of chips and small door dents. It has been garage stored nearly the entire time.

In 2007-2008, a family member started some work on the 440 and did not finish it. The carburetor, distributor, and alternator were removed and never reinstalled, so the car has not moved under its own power for about 14 years. I have the carb and distributor and all hardware but cannot locate the alternator. I have not tried to crank the engine. But I think with a little work (lubing the cylinders, an oil and filter change, and priming the oil system), it would turn right over. As far as I know, this is a numbers matching vehicle. I am sure that as long as we had it, the engine and driveline has never been removed/replaced.

This car was in Ohio for most of its life. It has been treated with Ziebart rust proofing and is a very solid car. Only some surface rust on the underside and a small surface spot here and there on the body. Car was very well maintained through the years and have many receipts dating back to the 80's to show what was done.

In 1995, a drunk drive hit my mom while she was driving it, in the left front fender. So fender was replaced with some trim and then painted. Drivers door was involved as well but was salvageable. Trunk lid was repainted to address some paint flaking in the center. Various other rust work was done as needed through the years to keep the body in great condition.

This is not what I would call a project car. Body and interior is solid. All of the drive train is there. Except for what is described above, the paint is original. Original interior, original glass. Original vinyl top in great shape. Jack parts are complete and look to be original. Extra parts are included such as 2 new door pull straps, tail pipe, and some fuel system parts. Original owner's manual is also included. Tires, although somewhat aged, show no dry rot and appear to be in very good condition. Brakes work but should be thoroughly inspected before driving. Clear Texas title.

In the following pictures, you will notice a brown coloring on the underside and frame. This is dust/light sand that was splashed up during a rain storm and brushes right off. Some of the pictures are before and after pictures that show where I did this.

SAM_1455.JPG

SAM_1456.JPG

SAM_1456a.JPG

SAM_1457.JPG

SAM_1458.JPG

SAM_1459.JPG

SAM_1460.JPG

SAM_1461.JPG

SAM_1462.JPG

SAM_1463.JPG

Very nice photos, GLWS of CS43T3C284292. Manual A/C and power vent windows!

May I ask a question? The car used to be a daily driver, then a family member started working on the engine. Did the car stop working because it required a fix, or did the fact that the fix was never finished cause the car to stop being used? The answer may matter for the valuation.

Very nice photos, GLWS of CS43T3C284292. Manual A/C and power vent windows!

May I ask a question? The car used to be a daily driver, then a family member started working on the engine. Did the car stop working because it required a fix, or did the fact that the fix was never finished cause the car to stop being used? The answer may matter for the valuation.
Good question. I have contacted the family member that was doing the work to see what was going on at the time and am awaiting his response. Hopefully have it tomorrow and will post it. Thank you for the inquiry!

Good question. I have contacted the family member that was doing the work to see what was going on at the time and am awaiting his response. Hopefully have it tomorrow and will post it. Thank you for the inquiry!
Got an answer back quicker than I thought. Per his text:

"It may start up and run, but it won't run smoothly. It had a pesky vacuum leak and/or fuel leak down problem and was moderately difficult to start after sitting only a short while or over night. After cranking 30-90 seconds it would finally start and not idle smoothly. Yes, I did check the timing. If you want you can check it. Carb is rebuilt with a fresh kit. Floats are brass and in good condition and set to specs. In an earlier rebuild of the carb, I sealed the metering rod well seams with JB Weld and that seemed to be holding up fine. My intent was to replace the intake manifold with an aluminum one without the EGR valve. That is the only way they are made now. But the EGR valve did check good. The intake bolts are finger tight. The factory intake may also be loose. Check it. If so, take it off, clean and check it for straightness. The alternator and distributor have nothing wrong with them that I know of. I just removed them to get them out of the way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back