1973 Newport rear bumper removal

chry73luv

Reaction score
I removed the two upper bolts by taking out the tail lights. No problem . I see four lower bolts under the bottom of bumper that looks like the only way to them is to remove lower balance. Is that correct or does anyone have other suggestions?

I removed the two upper bolts by taking out the tail lights. No problem . I see four lower bolts under the bottom of bumper that looks like the only way to them is to remove lower balance. Is that correct or does anyone have other suggestions?
I mean valance. Sorry

Every Mopar I have ever owned has to have the valance come off before the bumper comes off. The only exception is my Valiant because it doesn’t have any.

Thanks for the info but will pass This is going on a show vehicle and needs to be perfect.

I think you have to remove the valance, but even if you didn't really need to, I think I would take it off anyway. It's a really heavy bumper and gravity being what it is, taking it off, or even putting it on, without banging it into the valance would be tough... At least for my clumsy self anyway.... Might save some extra touch up paintwork!

When Photographing chrome sometimes reflections appear as defects
Thanks for the info but will pass This is going on a show vehicle and needs to be perfect.

Looking around
I have 3 more NOS 73 rear Chrysler bumpers. Some with bumper guard holes and some without.
All NOS arrow straight driver + condition. None are 100 point show car condition after sitting on shelf for 50 years!
Good luck on finding perfect bumper

1E8C632A-3624-44FC-8ACF-701713E54B99.jpeg

AD1724FA-B7E6-48F6-8081-E15883F1C058.jpeg

Back