SOLD 1973 Plymouth Fury Gran Sedan Brougham (Selling for my Grandfather)

Is asking price in line with market value

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Meier

Reaction score
Contact seller
1973 Plymouth Fury Gran Sedan Brougham
1973 Plymouth Fury Gran Sedan Brougham - cars & trucks - by owner -...

Asking Prices Shown
Will consider reasonable offers

Pictures available at the link above

-ASKING PRICE: $8,000 (will consider offers and input on asking price)
-4-Door Hard Top (w/ Vinyl Top)
-400 CID Big Block 2 BRL Carb
-74,996 Miles
-Covered and Stored In Indoor Storage Since 1989

-There were 14,853 Plymouth Grand Sedans produced in 1973. Most, but not all, of those had the Brougham package.
-400 CUI engine with 2-bbl carburetor sporting 185 net hp; coupled to a 727 torgueflite 3-speed transmission.
-It was assembled at the Newark, Delaware plant. Scheduled assembly date was May 25th, 1973.
  • JF8 – called Forest Green Metallic
  • G7F6 – Cloth & vinyl 50/50 Split bench seat
  • V1F – Green vinyl top
  • U – Built to U.S. specs
  • A76 – Brougham package: 50/50 split bench seats, front passenger seat recliner, cornering lights, premium color door trim panels
  • C58 – 50/50 split bench seat
  • 025 - ? (perhaps P25 = power driver’s seat)
  • H51 – Air conditioning (manual temp)
  • L31 – fender mounted turn signals
  • M25 – body sill moldings
  • M31 – belt molding
  • M45 – fender skirts
  • N88 – cruise control
  • V5F – body side protective molding with green vinyl insert
  • 26 – 26-inch radiator

That's really nice. I think it's priced right too. GLWS!

Oh... and... Hose! (Sorry, it's tradition here)

00v0v_kbxbg0xh3JC_1200x900.jpg

This is clearly a well kept and cared for car. Manual air is a plus, especially if it still works. To justify the asking price, the frame rails and underside have to be rust free. The body does not show any rust, so I suspect that there is probably not much on the underside. Need to see underside photos and photos of the trunk floor under the mat. The washer bottle is toast and there is some discoloration of the fabric on the driver's seat. Age of the tires might be a concern if they are ten or more years old and would need to be replaced. The market on these big 4 Dr sedans is soft and has been so for quite a while. It might well sell for the asking price to the right buyer, but a more typical sale would be in the $5,500-$7,000 range for a pristine car with no serious mechanical or rust issues.

Dave

There would be a few age-related things, possibly (washer jug, needing modern-rubber fuel lines everywhere, tire age), that would need to be addressed. As with any older low-mileage vehicle being sold.

On the plus side, that paint was beautiful when shined/waxed/polished in the bright sunlight. Probably similar for the interior, too. That Chrysler acrylic enamel was much better than anything GM had back then, or Ford, as to shine and gloss. With a little attention and care, would make somebody a very nice car that would get "Wow! You don't see any of THOSE any more!" comments. Lots of "Miles and Smiles" left in it!

CBODY67

Agreed. For a recent discussion of the car before @Robert Meier posted that his grandfather was the seller and that he had been helping the latter, see this thread. I have just added a link to a recent comparable.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that it is a A/C car but still has the vent windows I had a 72 with A/C and it did not have vent windows.

One thing I noticed is that it is a A/C car but still has the vent windows I had a 72 with A/C and it did not have vent windows.
If you wanted them,ya ordered them. I thinks the same applied to 4 door Formals too IIRC.

As long as the car checks out I think that's a good starting number. Leaves some wiggle room. GLWS!

One of the nicest triple pickles we've seen here!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I noticed a minor inaccuracy on this otherwise gorgeous example of a '73 Fury Gran Sedan: the hood ornament looks to be from a '80s Chrysler Fifth Avenue.

Second and third photo shows an example of the correct hood ornament

Last photo of an '87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue with a glass ornament very similar to the one on the featured car.

A NOS '73 Plymouth hood ornament will set you back about $150 before shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/p/1640071218?i...Lxal1ANEGAmFP1FOJ-C7Ex4tM9KS22_BoC5bUQAvD_BwE

00202_jSFEMKScab5_1200x900.jpg

unnamed.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

87-Chrysler-Fifth-Avenue-DV-10-AACA_01.jpg

A NOS '73 Plymouth hood ornament will set you back about $150 before shipping.

Hood Ornament 1973 73 Plymouth Fury NOS Mopar 3672811 for sale online | eBay
That hood ornament is being sold by 'fmmpar', which is the business of Frank Mitchell, who died a few years ago. His parts were always priced at the maximum (or more), and apparently whomever is continuing his business is continuing that business model.

Unless that hood ornament is used on a 'musclecar' B-body of some sort, it's about $100 overpriced of reasonable.

Fortunately, that correct nos hood ornament is available from another vendor for $30 for the eventual buyer if he wants it correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back