For Sale 1973 Plymouth Fury I Police Car - $10000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samplingman

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Plymouth: Fury Fury 1 Police Car
Garage Find- Not running. In 1973, Philadelphia Police ordered 316 Plymouth Fury Police Cars. Of the 316, only the 16 Highway Patrol Cars (used on Expressway and I-95) were equipped with the 440-4V (375H.P.) and dual exhaust combination. This car is all original and in good shape, just as was when it went into the garage over 40 years ago. Sorry, the City of Philadelphia takes the police radios and lights off the cars when they are sold. $10000.

1973 Plymouth Fury I Police Car

00Y0Y_7RlAGf4ulQ4_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_aTR3iCnunzS_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_8kGhDCgRCXq_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_karqNIbW4dN_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_kZSVLCzCH99_1200x900.jpg

00000_18oYCYKS6t9_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_6HOkwu6DjV0_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_489We2BB4ks_1200x900.jpg

00909_9Jo7R7z63CM_1200x900.jpg

01616_fCgv46sB7tL_1200x900.jpg

......that's a rare one. It's hard to find them like that anymore.

Rare but not a sexy provenance. A city cop car. I believe he's asking Highway Patrol prices. Yes?

It looks unmolested, and in original paint. That's hard to find. If I were from Philadelphia, I'd be looking at it. You can always negotiate on the value. I see an awesome untouched survivor squad car here,...really hard to find....when is Carslile??? Humm...

3k sounds more realistic to me....remember most cars look worse in person than the pictures.....everysthing needs to be rebuilt

Rare but not a sexy provenance. A city cop car. I believe he's asking Highway Patrol prices. Yes?

We talk 'em up, they list 'em high, then we break 'em down...

Rare, I agree, worth 10k? Not to me, but to the right person who's been looking to get in on a good starting point, perhaps. This has to be someone's obsession.

I think he's trying to say it's one of the 16 expressway cars. One of the shots appears to show a factory dual exhaust. And, U.

John Africa would like to buy it just to throw a brick at it.

I think you could save a lot of the original paint. I would try to (cosmetically) restore it as little as possible. Then let John Africa's illegitimate kid throw a brick at it.

Not many big city police cars survive this way, + the best drivetrain. I don't think starting at $10k is crazy, especially if you're into Philly history. Not that I'd pay more than $3-4k as is. Would love to find a Detroit car like that.

Bubba.jpg

Sorry but NO. This belongs in the Craigs list thread IMHO Those shots of the under carriage remind me of when they found the Titanic! If you ask 10k for a car at least get your trash off the top of it and push it out of the garage for Christ's sake!

One of only 16 Highway Patrol cars with the 440 in it and its a nice unmolested solid car. Starting at 10K sounds okay.

That car is a lot rougher then the pic's show. Well past a survivor. Nothing saying it runs. No original cop lights or radios. $3500.00 tops.......

Late to the party. Nice, original city car. I like it a lot.

Clearly been sitting a long time, hopefully mostly indoors (but not climate controlled it seems). Not sure paint can be saved because of assorted dings need body work.

Some history is known apparently and thats good. Looks factory complete but no Philly cop gear is apparent.

$10k as it sits? I cannot get get there from here. Not dissin' the car .. that's just a tall number in my experience with these cars and what this one seems to need.

If I was buying, and just by what I see (plus interior shots and confirmation of the "numbers" on the powertrain), I'd be in for $3K-$4K with a plan to spend at least $10K on mechanicals/interior/exterior.

What's the car worth minted out and what's it going to cost to get it there?

What's the car worth minted out and what's it going to cost to get it there?

Speaking for MYSELF: It'll take ALL of $12K-$15K (somewhat less if labor is free -- for ME i gotta pay people), in acqusistion cost, transport, resto work, plus 10% contingency fund, to make it "real nice".

Speaking for MYSELF: Worth when done. Depending on how the resto went (quality, remaining originality, etc), and tossing OUT price "outliers" (people who think its worth scrap value even when done, to the person who HAS to have IT at any price), I would guess $16K (+/- $1.5K) is what I'd wanna pay for it after its done.

Its a nice car, but a '73 Fury. not a '69 CHP (Gold Standard for value of well done mopar cop rigs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back