1973 Plymouth VS Chevy & Ford Wagon Comparison Video.

SportFury70

Reaction score
I actually learned a couple things from this. Pretty interesting. I learned that Plymouth had an anti theft device system where when you lock the doors and try to get/break in, the car sets off an alarm and the lights flash. (like modern cars). Also learned that a switch was available on every Plymouth wagon for the rear tailgate door, where the tailgate door locks and has a magnet where it stays locked so the kids won't get out. Unless you flip the switch back. I think you will find it interesting like I did, hope you do. Enjoy

Here's the link-

My bare bones 73 Satellite wagon has a rear window crank.
It does not have the switch to lock the tailgate. So it must be an option on cars with power rear window,I assume.
It also does not have automatic trans,nor power steering nor radio and so on and so on..LOL!!
20191020_134729.jpg

Ford used to claim to be "The Wagon Master", but it's obvious that Plymouth was equally as good. Guess everybody was "blinded" by the woodgrain on the Country Squires? Neat video!

In the similar Dodge wagon comparison, it notes that the Auto Lock for the tail gate is on 3-seat Coronet wagons.

Thanks,
CBODY67

Last edited:
I actually learned a couple things from this. Pretty interesting. I learned that Plymouth had an anti theft device system where when you lock the doors and try to get/break in, the car sets off an alarm and the lights flash. (like modern cars). Also learned that a switch was available on every Plymouth wagon for the rear tailgate door, where the tailgate door locks and has a magnet where it stays locked so the kids won't get out. Unless you flip the switch back. I think you will find it interesting like I did, hope you do. Enjoy
Here's the link-

Posted this question here because your inbox is full and someone closed the thread below.
For Sale - Edelbrock Performer RPM 440 Intake
Hi @SportFury70 . What carb model were you using with stock air cleaner and Eddy Performer & Performer RPM manifolds. How is it working for you?
Planning 318 to 440 swap in my 70 Fury conv, stock dual snorkel air cleaner. Thanks, Ben

Hi @SportFury70 . What carb model were you using with stock air cleaner and Eddy Performer & Performer RPM manifolds. How is it working for you?
Planning 318 to 440 swap in my 70 Fury conv, stock dual snorkel air cleaner. Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

Regarding the carburetor, we mainly use the Edelbrock series carbs on our cars here. Although we put a Demon on the 440 in the 67 Fury with the RPM manifold, but the hood clearance was an issue. (Would have had to cut a whole in the hood ,which we did not want to do.) The RPM intake on the 67 Fury 440 did not work out so that's why I was selling it. (The hood didn't close). Hope this helps you out, sorry if it doesn't.

Hi Ben,

Regarding the carburetor, we mainly use the Edelbrock series carbs on our cars here. Although we put a Demon on the 440 in the 67 Fury with the RPM manifold, but the hood clearance was an issue. (Would have had to cut a whole in the hood ,which we did not want to do.) The RPM intake on the 67 Fury 440 did not work out so that's why I was selling it. (The hood didn't close). Hope this helps you out, sorry if it doesn't.
That was hugely helpful. I got confused and thought you had the clearance issue with a 1970 Sport Fury. @marko
Did you sell the intake?

Last edited:
Back