1973 tc

That could be correct, thanks for tip :) Only need about billion those, for two trims per side :D

Yeah no kidding. $0.70 per piece doesn’t sound like a lot of money...until you do the math. “Count the rivets”.

FA436 or FA326 might work for your car too. I am not sure what you’ve got. Check out the catalog if you haven’t already.

For the vent window gaskets try and find a car being parted out in a northern area of the world....somewhere that gets lots of rain and cold....the gaskets survive much better from these areas. I have read about people "rejuvenating" old gaskets with brake fluid??....but know nothing about the process.

I too have to one day strip the old rock hard decals off my 68 T/C....glad to hear that the decal removal wheels work.

Passenger side woodgrain is done for now.
_smaller.jpg

I found this double relay from passenger kickpanel. What is this for? I cant seem to find it from wiring diagrams. Rusted through and broken connectors.

_smaller.jpg

Installed a better 5th door handle too. Old one was badly pitted, shaft stuck and housing broken. I got the better from this forum, I can't remember who, but thanks :) Looks great and works smoothly now.
_smaller.jpg

View attachment 280994

I found this double relay from passenger kickpanel. What is this for? I cant seem to find it from wiring diagrams. Rusted through and broken connectors.

View attachment 280995

Installed a better 5th door handle too. Old one was badly pitted, shaft stuck and housing broken. I got the better from this forum, I can't remember who, but thanks :) Looks great and works smoothly now.
View attachment 280997
Pitting looks like... war relic. Nice find.

View attachment 280994

View attachment 280995

View attachment 280997
Dual relay - what has “twin” function? Electric windows? Tailgate? Better question - what stops working when relay is removed! Do you have a wiring diagram? Can you physically trace to fuse box? Color of wires?

...of course, in that condition, probably didn’t work before removal...

View attachment 280994

View attachment 280995

View attachment 280997
Fabulous color, in the sun.

Looks like driving season is over for this year, 2135 miles this year. First job at spring was gas gauge which did not work. I added extra ground to sending unit, checked sending unit that it works ok, still no movement at gauge. I tried to find voltage regulator under dash, what a thight place... After lots of cussing and bloody fingers, I finally find out that there was no regulator :eek: I found and tested one from shelf and installed it, now I had working gas gauge. I had about 5 gallons of fuel, and needle moved about quarter tank. Seems ok. I was hunting some other electrical gremlins under dash, some point I noticed that gas gauge shows 3/4 tank. I dont understand what caused it. And I havent found it yet. It still shows way too much :(

_medium.jpg

Then was stereos. I bought the cheapest bluetooth radio I found locally. I took bezel out and fitted it from under dash. No need to cut stock radio hole. 3,5" speakers that I had bought earlier, did not fit in place. Magnet was way too big at drivers side, it hit gauge cluster. So I left those out and bought 4"x10" speaker at middle. It was almost direct fit. Rear 5"x7" speakers were direct fit also. I added 12v/usb to rear pockets same time, kids needs to charge their phones :rolleyes:

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

Now I had radio to play rock'n'roll, summer vacation and a few days of my own time. It was road trip time! I had no exact plans so I left to roads that were not that familiar. It was in the middle of week, so no really anything happenings anywhere. So I searced my facebook (Mopar)friends and looked who lived where, asked if anyone is home and visited many garages :thumbsup: It was a 3 day trip, garage to garage to see cars and people. What a great trip! 1060 miles in 3 days.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

View attachment 280994

View attachment 280995

View attachment 280997

i believe that is the power door lock relay.

Nothing much new here, only couple trips for this summer so far. But I installed a trailer hitch. I started with Mercedes W124 removable hitch. Had to shorten it a couple inch, made brackets under bumper bolts and made new section to frame rails near rear axle. Factory gives 7000lbs towing capacity for this kind of hitch. Still have to figure wiring connections, pulled 7 wire cable under dash.
Since I was under car, I noticed that exhaust pipe is completly shot. I had to fix last foot of it last summer, but now it is time to make complete exhaust.

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

_medium.jpg

Its been almost 6 years now since that pup was sitting in my back yard. I am very glad to see it getting what it needed - a lot of use and enjoyment. It definitely found a good owner.

Keep up the good work and enjoyment.

Thanks Steve :) This still has about 80% original worn paint left, so it is not perfect. But it is perfect driver, no need to worry about rock dings and so on.
This will not see that much miles this summer, since I got my Sport Satellite done for this summer.

_medium.jpg

MJF - what did you ever decide about possibly transferring Magnum
5.2 engine into a C-body wagon? As much as we all would like for cars to be original, if you had a clean driver-level wagon that needed a power plant, there is a lot to be said for a more modern 5.2 swap. Fit up with 727 should be ok, and favorable power to weight ratio, modern electronic engine control…a lot of positives. I can’t speak to negatives.

Just curious. If there was a car otherwise going to the crusher this would seem a good option for a DD.

I have forgotten that swap for now, sold magnum engine. For transmission with magnum, I had A500 overdrive automatic. That with 3,91 gears would probably have been good combination for less torque.
440 in the car needs overhauling in some point. It uses oil about quart per 500 miles. At this moment inspection has expired, car needs new exhaust pipe. I'll probably make 2,5 dual exhaust with big walker mufflers.

I had an ‘84 BMW 318i that leaked oil. I went to a thicker viscosity oil to “stop” the leak. It was hard to start in winter! I don’t know if that kind of “cheating” would work in a Mopar engine or not. It all depends on what’s wrong. Here in the US different companies sell different products promising a “quick fix”, i.e. Marvel Mystery Oil and such. If you already know it needs a rebuild then you know what you need to do. Rings, valves, bearings, etc.

Long time no seen. Had TC inspected for 2 years at july. Have not driven much, maybe one tank of gas.
I was cleaning my garage and found ingition box that I converted for HEI module. Just for giggles, I changed it to TC. Bypassed ballast resistor, I already had a Bosch coil that can use direct 12v. And wow, what a difference it made. Starts up so much better! It was definetly worth in this case. I don't know if there was something wrong with stock ignition, but difference is big. I know electricals are not in top condition and I had to use relay to power HEI, maybe it made difference. But it is HEI for now.
Next fix was new exhaust. I made my own, 2,5" mandrel bends, big Walker muffler and random 2,5" resonator. Few hours and new was made. Front piece is still old and leaking too, I have to do something to it too. Starter started to kick off when cranking, I probably do this at same time.

There is video in Youtube. It is in finnish, but has english subtitles!

Back