1974-75 Imperial dash cover with good trim.

Robert Saigh

Reaction score
Looking for a 1974-75 Imperial dash pad/shroud with very good laminent trim. I need a Blue color! Thanks.... Bob

Looking for a 1974-75 Imperial dash pad/shroud with very good laminent trim. I need a Blue color! Thanks.... Bob
This is confusing because Formal dash pads didn't have a laminate trim.

$_1.JPG

Formal Imperial dashes were different...they were more squared off than the Chrysler and have a woodgrain trim on the outer edge...over time the laminate on the plastic woodgrain piece begins to de-laminate/ bubble.

Most Formal Imperials will have some de-lamination on this piece unless it sat in a plastic bubble since new.

ImperialDash.JPG

Good gawd, yet another small detail on the differences tween Formals. I are mo' edumacated by the day. Thank you

Say, Who owns that blue Imperial? That's also a '74 because of the steering wheel. Those 74's and older didn't crack like the newer ones, (75-78).

Anyway, I need one of those dashes (blue), or I'll have to use a vinyl paint.

I have no idea, Just an internet pic I found to illustrate my point.

I see that 1975 blue Imperial is on ebay. Last year that same car went for like $13K! Probably worth $9K. Anyway, he overpaid/bid then and now he's trying to flip it for a Cool $26,500!! Nutsville!

I see that 1975 blue Imperial is on ebay. Last year that same car went for like $13K! Probably worth $9K. Anyway, he overpaid/bid then and now he's trying to flip it for a Cool $26,500!! Nutsville!
AFAIAC the biggest money on these cars is from folks too stupid to do their due diligence before buying as an investment. Losing interest in the car so quickly seems like a lack of commitment or poor planing to me. I would give the benefit of doubt to someone trying to come out close to even, but to think there was profit left... I don't even understand how it was sold at $13k.

I wish you luck on your search and will let you know if I trip across one in my searches. I wouldn't hold my breath though... The trim is always broken somewhere it seems, I have been watching for a not too bad T&T rimblow wheel I could try to repair... I just can't quite bring myself to the cost of a pro repair at this time, and don't plan to experiment on original parts.

The level of preservation of that blue 75 is impressive, but those JC Whitney add ons absolutely ruin the car for me.

I actually think that a guy can purchase like "wood trim" laminent and as long the plastic part is not broken.... you to might be able re-cover it. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks.

Had to throw the pics in here or I would regret not doing so in a few months when I was digging through "Imperial" threads for info on something.

I recall the silly add on fender trim... shame to do that to anything, but especially this nice car.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

She's a nice one! Unfortunately, I have hard time imagining demo-derby guys wrecking these cars.... Unless they're complete rust buckets! And even then, there's parts and other components that can be used....IMO!

Do I hear a '74, '75 Blue Imperial dash someones selling?
Not an Imperial... and I had thought it was blue... it's green. It should fit if you don't mind the emblem change... I haven't tried to dye something like this, but it might turn blue.
For Sale - 74 Chrysler dash pad
image-jpg.92525

This wouldn't bother me in a NYB, but I would hate to put the Chrysler emblem on an Imperial.
BTW the only other I have seen is the black one on EB that is missing most of the wood tone molding for $400.

Back