For Sale 1974-75 Imperial Rear Brake Rotor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmoparjeff

Reaction score
Contact seller
Here's one of those hard to find C-Body goodies. It's almost new, with less than 100 miles of use before the car it was on broke down for the last time. You can see that it still has the chamfer on both sides of the edge of the disc. Unfortunately I only have one. The terrible shop that worked on the car cut the other rotor down till one of the faces was about 1/8" thick. The reason the car broke down was because they forgot to put the alternator back on after replacing the fuel pump and the battery went dead. Have to love those big city shops.

It got a bit of weathering on it from the car sitting for a few years before I parted it out, so I gave it a round of media blasting and a coat of Eastwood cast iron paint, then freshened up the brake surfaces on the lathe. The "drum" part where the parking brake contacts has light pitting, but that shouldn't cause any trouble.

It's priced at $150 plus shipping, or free delivery to Carlisle.

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

imperial rotor.jpg

IMG_0372.JPG

imperial rotor 2.jpg

Jeff

Stop! How do you forget to put on the Alternator? Aren't there some empty pulleys and extra parts?

Shouldn't take long to sell Jeff, nice piece.

Stop! How do you forget to put on the Alternator? Aren't there some empty pulleys and extra parts?

Shouldn't take long to sell Jeff, nice piece.

The alternator was laying in the engine compartment with the wires still attached. It's amazing it didn't short out and burn the car to the ground. Worse still, the owner of the car was related to the people who owned the shop. They were all related to my boss at the time. Shop was in Philly.

Jeff

I forgot to mention that it's a Century brand rotor. I think they were made in the USA.

rotor 3.jpg

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back