1974 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Factory Emblems?

NWPT70

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of another C body. I just purchased a 1974 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2 door hard with 45,000 miles. The car is CLEAN.

Please take a look at the pictures, there are a few small things that concern me as I have not seen another 74 NYB with them.

Take a look at the following, the trunk lock pentastar cover, the metallic Imperial bird emblem on the rear driver side quarter panel along with the two red reflectors mounted near the bumper on that side only, and the hood ornament also is the Imperial bird emblem not the typical NY emblem. The Chrysler lettering on the rear trunk lid. (every New Yorker I have seen has a "Chrysler New Yorker" script badge here. The tail lights appear to have the Imperial bird on each side. I do know the tacky Auto Zone style louvers are being removed immediately as they are only stick on and are hiding the New Yorker script emblems.

What do you all think about all these ? Factory , Accessories, Imperial "wanna be" dressed up by the previous owner?

Last edited:
@commando1

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c10.jpg

c11.jpg

c12.jpg

c13.jpg

Very nice but PLEEEZE get that stik-on bling off of it.
The trunk lock cover is from some other later model Chrysler.
The rest is all AutoZone crapola.
Looks like the lower lip of the trunk lid is missing its molding?

Needs to look like this.

ic-9009.png

Last edited:
Very nice but PLEEEZE get that stik-on bling off of it.
The trunk lock cover is from some other later model Chrysler.
The rest is all AutoZone crapola.
Looks like the lower lip of the trunk lid is missing its molding?

Needs to look like this.

View attachment 191136

I'm guessing the Imperial bird hood ornament and side badge also were ad ons?

Just terrible crap added to the car after it was built.

However, probably meant the owner loved it, thus it survived. Please remove so others won't think they looked like that when new.

Hood ornament is suppose to look like this.... I believe.

$(KGrHqRHJFcFCj,EsTrRBQsh9oMMIw~~60_1[1].jpg

That one is for an Imperial.

c10-jpg.jpg

I've seen stylized Buick Portholes at the auto supply "styling" section, but never an Imperial eagle. I'll concur the trunk lock cover is from a later '80s Fifth Avenue, or something like that.

Since I normally wear denim jeans, can't have a white interior, lest it get a blue tint to it!

CBODY67

Welcome to the Spinnaker White club my friend.. I had your new toy saved in my EBay watch list.. glad to see her here.. congratulations. Pic is my 75, with me and my Pop.
059852EA-8792-4DBC-8140-C71B27914155.jpeg

Very clean NYB that needs some corrections. As mentioned...no Eagles anywhere. FYI the round medallion on the quarter is the emblem from a 70-75 Imperial wheel cover glued to the side. 1978 NYB showed you your correct hood ornament...goes with the embossing on the seats. See the theme? I think the only acceptable replacement for the lock cover would be the 72 or 73 version.
73ChryslerNY-b.JPG

Very clean NYB that needs some corrections. As mentioned...no Eagles anywhere. FYI the round medallion on the quarter is the emblem from a 70-75 Imperial wheel cover glued to the side. 1978 NYB showed you your correct hood ornament...goes with the embossing on the seats. See the theme? I think the only acceptable replacement for the lock cover would be the 72 or 73 version.
View attachment 191201

You mean like this?.......

AC3ECE01-6594-48C6-B022-D48FCDFCBACE.jpeg

View attachment 191201
Sorry to contradict... but I thought those centers were on later LeBarons... something like this
chrysler-lebaron-hubcaps-393bb.jpg

I don't hate the trunk lock medallion... but look at where it comes from...
24193270009_large.jpg

You have a very nice car, I imagine it won't take too much work to remove the glitter you don't want... The lock cover required a hole, so you might have to live with it until you decide on a better idea. Personally, it wouldn't really bother me so much.

Sorry to contradict... but I thought those centers were on later LeBarons... something like this
View attachment 191245

I don't hate the trunk lock medallion... but look at where it comes from...
View attachment 191246

You have a very nice car, I imagine it won't take too much work to remove the glitter you don't want... The lock cover required a hole, so you might have to live with it until you decide on a better idea. Personally, it wouldn't really bother me so much.
Cantflip...nope that wheel cover is from a late 70's M body LeBaron. The 70-75 Imperial wheel cover center medallion is stamped die cast metal, not plastic. Not hating the lock cover...I have one on my 5th Ave. Just looks out of place in my opinion on the NY.
s-l225.jpg

BTW, the correct 74-78 Ny'er hood ornament can be found on EBay all the time for a reasonable price. The picture i provided was of a very good condition ornament. You do see a lot of them that are in far lesser condition on EBay too.

BTW, the correct 74-78 Ny'er hood ornament can be found on EBay all the time for a reasonable price. The picture i provided was of a very good condition ornament. You do see a lot of them that are in far lesser condition on EBay too.
For now, I think the hood emblem would only irk Mr C... :poke:
:lol:

Back