1974 dodge monaco suspenion leaning body roll vibration

dusty roads

Reaction score
my car is leaning feels like body to frame pins or shocks shock absorbers possible bent frame or axle or leaf springs not sure but the lean is signifigant itll lean more on one side feels like left drivers side susension also anyone that can decode a fender tag i appreciate it

Just my 2 cents Dusty.. you’ve got (5) threads regarding the same car.. just use (1) thread and tells what ya need.. we don’t bit! Lol

Pictures pictures pictures please...

my car is leaning feels like body to frame pins or shocks shock absorbers possible bent frame or axle or leaf springs not sure but the lean is signifigant itll lean more on one side feels like left drivers side susension also anyone that can decode a fender tag i appreciate it

Usually the car leaning to one side or the other is going to be a problem with the rear leaf spring. Check the rubber bushings as those are the first to go. If the bushings are intact, there is either a broken leaf or the springs are just worn out. Another possibility is that someone has messed with the front torsion bar adjustment and one or the other is out of adjustment. Look inside the lower control arm, there is a large bolt sticking out of the center, measure the length of both bolts from where they stick out of the threaded block in the LCA, they both should be the same. Do not try to adjust the torsion settings until you have read the proper procedure in the FSM. You can download the FSM at www.mymopar.com, it is a free download. FSMs are in the tools/
reference section.

Dave

yeah right when i let it sit inthe road for a few weeks it started leaning and its been prior vehicles all doing the same thing it will lean roll real hard and teeter toter back to center from left sinking to right then center and im getting vibration not saying it just didnt wear out

Back