For Sale 1974 Monaco (well a 76 with a 74 clip) makes a youknowwhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyphish

Reaction score
Contact seller
FOR SALE: 1976 Dodge Monaco with a 1974 front clip to make a VERY NICE 74 Bluesmobile. Every component is either new or rebuilt. The best pieces from three K code police donor cars were used to make this a frame on restored police clone. Nicest chrome, glass and trim were used during assembly. Rebuilt HD cop suspension, front and rear antiroll, 9.25 3.23 positive traction rear axle, new brakes/hoses front and rear, new shocks combined with new police rims and tires. Professionally machined and assembled 30 over 1974 cop HP steel crank 440 with new pistons, rings, bearings, high volume oil pump, 440 Source aluminum heads, aluminum intake manifold, new Holley 950 carb, and new MSD ignition system. Engine was built to 69 specs (higher compression) and still has breakin oil in it. Has a fresh matching 1974 cop HD 727 with stall convertor, shift kit and deep pan. Has a Bluetooth sound system with new tan interior with black accents. Fresh professional paint job on rust free undercoated body including door jams/engine compartment, tinted windows, 134 AC upgrade, PS, 85 amp alternator, ticket light, spotlight, correct rear view mirror, 14o speedo, dual oil/temp gauge (as well as SW analog gauges), all factory oil, PS, trans coolers and a new three core radiator. Has a new police siren and PA which will play music as well and a bad boy frame trailer hitch. AND IT ALL WORKS! Have complete photos documenting almost a year in completion. Only the K in the vin is missing! Clean Louisiana title, fly here, peel out and drive it home. Plenty of leftover parts and donor cars go with it if you like. $20000
PS Ignore the photo dates, need to get my grand daughter to reprogram

Stephen at 337-499-44 three five

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0221 (2).JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

Last edited:
Wow! It's amazing what prices are being asked for these cars. It's almost like they're in the same league as a 300 Hurst.

It also amazes me how much Aykroyd screwed up Blues Brothers 2000, especially considering the huge existing fan base. He should have made a fortune, but instead he made a Ford clunker.

@Greenpeace For Monaco’s, so what do you think?

Last edited:
Asking and getting are two different things. Looks like I will be driving them for a while or lower the price.
FBI Hemi 4 speed B body anyone? Racing at no prep Friday night.

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

You would ask for that. Went out and blew the dash apart to remove the dealer added AC last night. We have three stock setups with all plumbing but I think a modern vintage air would be the trick. That stuff is 45 years old and bulky. Car came with tan lower dash with passenger ash tray and we have a black from the donor. Putting the black one in to match seat accents. Headliner stained but no worries, have another much better. Should have her buttoned up today. LOTS of parts go with this car if you want color change. Have a set of black door cards but I like the cream. Brightens the car up. Window dude is coming to swap trim as donor car much nicer. I already changed the pieces I could.

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

Don't buy it yet! The only stuff not touched was the Texas dealer installed HVAC. Not pretty as we found a mouse house and holes in the heater core. We have 3 full stock HVAC systems and naturally the heater core is different. Off to Glen Ray but it will be like new. Great news is cowl corners solid as a rock. Phish

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

I’ve known about this car since before any work was ever done to it. Spyphish has put the time, effort, parts, and money into it to making it right. 20k is a steal for what your getting.

Here are some final interior pics. I LIKE it. We went with the black dash/steering wheel with the wood grain strip to make it tie into the door cards, it's unique. Also put the best factory AC stuff on the car so have a factory AC delete panel for someone. Car has courtesy light package so you open the door it's like Christmas. Ash trays, glove box, under dash, trunk ie lots of bulbs to check. The orange wire draped over the PA is for your phone to play external music. Inside is bluetooth with hands free mic on visor. Just need to change the headliner and install correct Unity light bracket. PS that last photo makes this C body look like a Volkswagon

IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

Man I agree with all the above comments. Spectacular results on a top notch replica. This would be the perfect example for a museum or a top notch personal collection that doesn't see the road. Dare I say the paint almost looks too nice.

The lettering is painted on and entire car has a final coat of matte clear. We have not "dulled it down" with scotch bright but that is the design. If you want an exact replica you would scuff it up, break some lettering, blacken the door star, loose the hubcaps and cut in a Sam & Dave 8 track. I like it like it is and we call it the "high rent/top shelf" Blumo. We will use the hitch to tow this DIRTY NASTY sticker bomb Fury to the next Bluesmobile reunion "unless someone SEES THE LIGHT!!!!!

IMG_0229.JPG

Just want to make clear that I meant no disrespect by saying it looks too nice..."high rent/top shelf", that's perfect!

So is that huge behemoth a future Ghostbusters vehicle? I'd enjoy some info on it...might be best to start a different thread about it to avoid clutter in your Blumo ad.

I took it as a complement. I may have found another donor car which would make all the marker and main lights date correct ie the tiny part number labels. Now that's sick...
Check out Louisiana Ghostbusters and nonprofit charity group. This 10000 lb giant (scared to use the lift) will do a lot of good work. PS Dead guy gone!

vintage-1966-cadillac-miller-meteor-ambulance-rare-antique-1.jpg

IMG_0340.JPG

vintage-1966-cadillac-miller-meteor-ambulance-rare-antique-4.jpg

Those both look amazing! I'm going to have to do some research, as I know nothing about what that vehicle actually is other than an old ambulance. Earlier this year I saw a huge example in a yard, too bad it's unlikely to be saved.
20180315_105626.jpg

That is a sad pic. Should have been saved. My pics are the same car before and after. Now assembly begins. Who ya' gonna' call? WalletBuster

Found a much nicer set of window trim and tail lights with nice surrounds. Pretty Blumo if there is such a thing. Phish

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

Put the right size tire on it, lost the hubcaps, added air shocks, trailer hitch and getting it dirty. Drove it all day yesterday. Phish

IMG_0027.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back