For Sale 1974 Plymouth Fury Cop-Car ( Blues Brothers ) $3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it both ways.

If someone bought it to make it what it is, shame on them.

If someone bought it with missing engine, and trans then good on them. Atleast it’s still be enjoyed. They threw a motor in, and it’s still on the road.

Why would you go from a 440 to a 360 though? Unless someone ripped its guts out for a B/E body...

Real E86, K code, U code, "Special" everything, car tho. I think its a 75 however (sixth VIN digit is a "5").

Its not a project i would run from (as far as I can tell -- if its shot underneath/sheetmetal i'd be chased off) if i was a buyer.

I'd do $1800 on it (minus engine/trans if seller wanted to keep it, $2K-2.2K as-is IF there's something cool about the 360 and original rear end is still in it). I have the correct year (non-numbers matchng of course) engine/trans for it.

Yeah, and i'd lose the BB thing of course. Wish seller knew more of its pedigree too to try to get it back closer to duty configuration.

00-1-2-5-4.jpg

00-1-2-5-5.jpg

00-1-2-5-3.jpg

Yes, too bad the 440 is missing.

The 74 Fury is probably the car that would break me into Formal territory (a 75 is a distant second). I'm torn whether I'd want a real copcar, or a nice Bro-ham with Road Wheels. Either way, this one saddens me. But yes, at least it's being kept alive (sometimes that's the best we can do for a car).

Good eye, Amazing. It's a 75. So are we that far desperate to clone now, that we'll convert a 75 Fury into a 74 to approach BB authenticity??? :realcrazy:

IDK... Zac @monaco75 has given me a deeper appreciation of Bluesmobiles... Not that I want one, just that I can now see this as the saving of a car and it's bound to receive continued love from an enthusiast who doesn't have to kill something nice to make one.

Cop car enthusiasts, well sorry, as said before... good for them if they saved an engine donor, and shame on them if they ruined a complete unit.

IDK... Zac @monaco75 has given me a deeper appreciation of Bluesmobiles... Not that I want one, just that I can now see this as the saving of a car and it's bound to receive continued love from an enthusiast who doesn't have to kill something nice to make one.

Cop car enthusiasts, well sorry, as said before... good for them if they saved an engine donor, and shame on them if they ruined a complete unit.

first off, i have nothing against Bluesmobiles. My only "issue" is what they were BEFORE that (condition, year, etc.) conversion if they were NOT real '74 Monacos (derelict) from Mt Prospect Illinois.

So I also share monaco75's view .. as i do on MOST C's that people are at least saving/investing in without making them unrecognizable/unrecoverable .. that its a better fate than getting derbied/harvested for parts.

This was my car .. I NEVER for a minute, nor did any previous owner go the BB route with it. It did start life as a red car (Fire Dept Captain's rig, E86, K-Vin, U-code) though .. second owner went Spinnaker White back in 80's.

3-21.jpg
00-1-2-5-3.jpg

Last edited:
Old cop car, yes. A project non the less. Still has potential, to a few I guess...You can always make an offer.

*As a public service announcement I should have said Home Depot & not Lowes. Turns out the HD does not own the delivery part & if you have any problem they will send a tech out to try and repair it. Up to 3 times, before you have to personally haul it back into the store. Lowe's has their own delivery trucks and crew, so it's not a problem.

Old cop car, yes. A project non the less. Still has potential, to a few I guess...You can always make an offer.

*As a public service announcement I should have said Home Depot & not Lowes. Turns out the HD does not own the delivery part & if you have any problem they will send a tech out to try and repair it. Up to 3 times, before you have to personally haul it back into the store. Lowe's has their own delivery trucks and crew, so it's not a problem.
good to know :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back