SOLD 1975 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaco75

Reaction score
Contact seller
Mine....

Hey guys,

Thinking it might be time to pass on the torch to a new caretaker. This has been my baby for the last 15 years. Tons of money has been poured into this old girl, along with countless hours of work. I could write a book over this car, however will try to keep it short and sweet. If any questions just ask.

She is a 1975 Monaco. Hours upon hours was spent restoring the body. She is rust free!! She also sports a Movie correct ‘74 grill, with movie dimensions built front push bar. Installed on the push bar is a NOS set of CHP rubber push bumpers. Correct working unity spotlight installed as well. Many hours spent researching/comparing/painting the “decals” on the car. She wears a coat of correct single stage Spinnaker white and “jet” black paint.

Interior is correct tan, with civilian dressed seats. She has a oil/temp gauge and ‘75 up 140 speedo. Aftermarket radio installed with 6x9s in the trunk, as well as dash center speaker still working. New package tray behind the rear seat, and correct horn ring wheel, with added ticket light in headliner. Has correct movie trash across the dash, as well as a siren/PA system installed for some fun.

Engine is a rebuilt 440 with only 4000 or so miles on rebuild. Has a comp cams cam and valve train, melling HV oil pump, eddy 600 carb, HEI dizzy, aluminum radiator, and several other goodies. I had planned on installing EFI, hence the HEI dizzy. However left all the original ignition wiring hidden in place, to be hooked back up if desired. Transmission is a rebuilt 727. Rear end is a correct 9.25 out of a ‘74 Fury Cop car. Has a set of 3.55 gears from a newer model ram.

Suspension has been completely rebuilt including rear leafs, front end, all new steering components, and correct “cop car” torsion bars (out of the same ‘74 Fury mentioned above). KYB shocks all around.

Car was originally a brown 360 civilian car. I have all the paperwork from when the car was bought new! Even the paperwork on the car that was traded in for this one at the dealer. Also included is what is left of the build sheet in a plastic sleeve.

Although I have gone many lengths to restoring her, she is still a 45 year old car, and is not completely perfect. Some items to tend to- Complete installing the A/C system. I bought a sander compressor kit, as well as a complete under hood kit with new condenser. Needs to be completely hooked up still. I have all but 2 of the pieces I believe to finish. Needs a new H block, and H block tubing. New wiper bushings need to be installed, as the old ones have finally failed. Blower motor switch has been replaced once before, however needs it again. Luckily this and the wiper bushings are still easy to get. Rear end has been rebuilt, however I would want to go through it again. Gears have a wine to them at speed.

Car runs and drives great. Stays cool even down here in the FL heat. Again I have tons of pictures, and info if needed. Has a clean tittle.

Asking $25k Or best serious offer. Car does not exchange hands until money is clear.

0ABF6338-8108-4D2F-9024-5FCFCFCEFA3F.jpeg

57C09CE4-5F46-4423-9C30-13D8579653CF.jpeg

D7ACDAEC-A8AF-4715-953C-411B45CDEA38.jpeg

060A424F-0622-4FAC-918E-CE232ECE476E.jpeg

D4D6EB08-C6FE-4746-A1E0-605917BF82B3.jpeg

0366F7ED-00AB-44C6-BB8D-AAAD31DA64DF.jpeg

E5A2A013-2D62-4EE8-A101-0DA2F805D44E.jpeg

534890E3-7332-4C32-9E7D-24D730DEB86D.jpeg

651578A7-B873-418D-9143-9621C1F1905F.jpeg

7921E3CC-F242-42F5-B295-DFEFBA4A49C9.jpeg

The only Blumo that I learned to like.
Now I'm going to miss her.
Good luck, Zach.

Thank you Stan!! I’m glad she earned her FCBO stripes! It’s hard posting, but she deserves to be enjoyed again as much as I used too. Damn life always getting in the way lol.

That car was an epic endeavor.

Yes it was!!

Wow, I followed along and enjoyed your dedication and tenacity throughout the build, your attention to detail was an inspiration. GLWS!

I think that’s a smart move Zack. I feel your pain brother. I too had to let mine go. Sometimes it’s better to pass the torch as you stated then letting them sit and collect dust. Better to be Driven, shown and enjoyed. Best of luck with her Sale. She certainly is a sweet example of that classic movie car..

I have enjoyed watching your build on the car. I look forward to what is coming up next. Best of luck with the sale.

Will it include a pack of unsmoked Chesterfields? :D

Sorry to have to let 'er go....this has been one of my favorite cars that I've followed on FCBO.

Will it include a pack of unsmoked Chesterfields? :D

Sorry to have to let 'er go....this has been one of my favorite cars that I've followed on FCBO.

I can get you some, but idk if I would smoke em! LOL The cigarette lighter does work though!!

Thank you!

Perfect!! Right down to the cigs on the dash!!! Hats off to you for the exquisite attention to detail! I can hear the penguin talkin' and Aretha singin'
Good luck with the sale, you should contact the Smithsoinian.....

Thinking it might be time to pass on the torch to a new caretaker. This has been my baby for the last 15 years.

:eek:. I cannot believe what I am hearing, I am honestly surprised you are selling it Zac. Best of luck with the sale, and I hope you get your asking price.:)

The best of the best right there! Good luck finding a new home for it Zac!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back