1975 Imperial Lebaron

E19B

Reaction score
I've been looking at a 1975 Imperial Lebaron four door that's for sale in my area. It is in pretty good shape as far as rust goes. Really clean underneath with zero body rust. The top is in very good shape also and interior is still very nice although the seats are a bit faded. Engine runs really well and tranny shifts great! Approximately 65,000 original miles or so the odometer reads and I can believe it by the absence of rust.
Two of the window motors are stuck or bad. 1 sticking brake caliper and its in bad need of a detailing inside and out.
Can I get some opinions as to what it's worth?

20180815_124544.jpg

20180815_124605.jpg

Do you have any more pics for the veteran Imperial and Formal guys here to assess? Underbody, trunk, engine, fender tag, interior...

Do you have any more pics for the veteran Imperial and Formal guys here to assess? Underbody, trunk, engine, fender tag, interior...
No I don't I do remember noting the under side of the trunk lid looked like new! Clean white without a spot of rust! They told me it used to be a funeral home car in Tennessee and then an elderly lady here in Ohio owned it and it was never driven in the winter. If I get a chance to stop in and look at it again I will definitely get more pictures and post them.

You're new. Don't know you yet. Are you aware of the pitfalls of the 74-75 Imperials?
Yes I am new.
No tell me everything you feel to tell me of the 74-75 Imperial. I'd love to hear what you know.

ATC II can be a bear to get working. Roof rail seals are not obtainable for 74-78 4 door H/T's.

76-78 Formals with manual A/C and all have rear drum brakes are the desirable Formals I would look at.

1978 Formals have a wiper cam issue.

There is a guy here on FCBO selling a 1976 NYB that is rust free, great paint and interior, A/C has been converted to a Sanden compressor, has pusher fans. This car needs nothing! Plus it's been well maintained by someone that knows Formal's inside and out.

Pm Commando1 for details. I wouldn't waste your time or mine if this car wasn't 100% squared away. I have over $12k in bodywork, paint and vinyl so far and it still doesn't look as nice as Stan's NYB. You won't regret buying this car!

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chrysler/new-yorker/2125024.html

Screenshot_20180815-212257.png

There is a guy here on FCBO selling a 1976 NYB that is rust free, great paint and interior, A/C has been converted to a Sanden compressor, has pusher fans. This car needs nothing! Plus it's been well maintained by someone that knows Formal's inside and out.

Pm Commando1 for details. I wouldn't waste your time or mine if this car wasn't 100% squared away. I have over $12k in bodywork, paint and vinyl so far and it still doesn't look as nice as Stan's NYB. You won't regret buying this car!

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/chrysler/new-yorker/2125024.html

View attachment 206111
I thought you were joking until I looked at the ad

Thanks for the info everyone. Still, I would like some ideas on what this car I've been looking at might be worth.

Stan's NYB ^^^ is the benchmark to compare...it's worth all of that $12,500 if not more...without comparing pics for pics I don't know how to help.

Thanks for the info everyone. Still, I would like some ideas on what this car I've been looking at might be worth.

Pictures of Formals are deceiving. Hard to say what it is worth without an eyeball inspection. Pictures may look great but then you discover that the lower rear quarters are rusted out which is a common problems with Formals. Rust under the vinyl is almost a given on most Formals. Lower rockers are prone to rust. Before you know it....it'll take $12k to repair the rust, paint and vinyl. No telling on the white car without an eyeball inspection by someone that knows Formals. Plus the ATC II problems and no parts available for the rear disc brakes. I wouldn't even remotely be interested in this car. The pictures of this car are pretty far away too. My 78 NYB looked great with 10 foot pictures but still ended up with $12k in body and paint repairs.

Ok, thanks. I will stop and check it out closer and take more pictures.

On the other side of the coin, I did buy all of my Imperials without personal inspection. Used photos and video the best I could from a long distance to determine the value to me. I kinda expected to have to fix things on 45 plus year old vehicles.

I too bought my NYB without putting eyeballs on it. I got very very lucky avoiding the typical rust issues. I based my decision on the look of the interior that it was in good shape. Luckily, the buy-in was low enough that I thought the risk was worth it.

However, I did end up overhauling the ATC II system, doing all sorts of miscellaneous delayed maintenance and other typical repairs to a 40 year old car and am still at it as I shake the car down and get it running like I want.

All in, I’m at about $8-10k without assessing any value to my time.

I like the imperial you found but, as previously mentioned, would need a lot more photos to be able to give you any help on the value.

Back