1975 Imperial Rear Disc Brake Restoration... and lack of sale...

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
SOLD - **REBUILT** Factory "REAR DISC BRAKES" From A 1975 Chrysler Imperial 9 1/4" Inch Axle
SOLD - **REBUILT** "C" Body Disc Brakes 74 Up, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, CarsFor Sale - REBUILT Factory "REAR DISC BRAKES" From A 1975 Chrysler Imperial 9 1/4" Axle.
SOLD - REBUILT Factory "REAR DISC BRAKES" From A 1975 Chrysler Imperial 9 1/4" Axle.
75-imperial-rear-disc-brakes-001-small-jpg.jpg

c-body-brakes-74-up-rebuilt-001-copy-jpg.jpg

Recently some chatter about the way we treat sale ads was brought to my attention. FWIW @hemi71x I have no issue with you. I have also plugged in your CL ads from time to time when I spotted your work for sale there and was posting Formal finds.

Blasting, painting, and rebuilding these brake parts may not be rocket surgery... but finding good cores to start with is pretty tough (nearly impossible, especially on the east coast).

If I was in desperate need, I'd buy the rears from you. The fronts are still available at this time(other than the spindles). One of the best things about this place is members looking out for members. I believe your reaction to @Dobalovr was unwarranted, as he was trying to connect you to a well known hoarder of these parts (me). The down side is, I'm cheap and not in desperate need... plus I have the silly disease that would cause me to re-rebuild the hydraulic components just to set my mind at ease...:realcrazy:. I am not trying to slight your workmanship.

As for price... what's fair? There is a pair of used rear rotors that is probably still on EB, for $600... and the pics show some light rusting that would need cleaned up. Also you never know how parts like this get stored, they should be stored flat on a hard surface to prevent warping. I have far more faith in you storing them correctly than the OP.

There are a number of other members, besides me, who are loving their 74/75 Imperials and want to keep the rear discs in top operating condition. Yours may be a good solution for one of them. So the selling advice...

We active persons at FCBO are a small number, we chatter about everything and no thread is SUPPOSED to run on topic... if it does, nobody is reading it. We try to follow a guideline to not bash a member or their car (brakes), but that is not strictly adhered to in all cases when the seller is only in here for profit vs. love.

This is the place you will most likely find your buyer, or at least they will show up here eventually when their drum brake master cylinder doesn't work correctly with these... My best advice to you is to tolerate the comments and not dig into folks who are trying to help your sale. I'm betting there is someone who would buy these just so that idiot in Florida (me) doesn't buy them all.

Last edited:
Guess he doesn't know the forum is filled with bullshit artists and that's what we do in every single post. For the most part anyway.

Funny though , I never saw his ad. When I started to see the mass sale ads posts he went straight on the ignore lost just like the others.

Very well put Jeff.
The United States of F-BO. AND FCBO likes things a little different than the others yet these guys come and try to change things to be like the California of the F-BOs.
For the last 12 plus months I've dropped off quite a bit because of these guys..
. Frustrating.

Yes, I watched this and he really got upset over nothing! I thought he presented has brake package very well, but went BONKERS over a call out to Jeff. Oh well!

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" I hope Jeff reached out to him in a PM to explain what was happening.

What did i do that was wrong, to get you guys pissed off at me in the first place?
All that i did was list two items for sale on this site that i figured out there in the "C' body world might be in need of before i die.
I was waiting in the arrival time span, that COMCAST gives you, for the technician to show up, to connect me with an upgraded tv subscription, and change over my internet with them.
I get bored very easily, and then my attention span goes to heck.
So i figured I'd go out into the garage and tinker around, and take some pictures of the last of this type of parts that i have.

Then i put them on this site, and holy hell brakes loose, for some reason or another.
I thought this guy posting about cantflip meant that i was listing parts that wouldn't sell, or i was a car "flipper" and or parts flipper, in reality i just want to find out if someone out there needs something that i have.
I thought that posting was something derogatory to me, and i made comments to it.
I don't know who's who, and what people on here are members in certain cliques, or fraternities on this site.
I like to lurk around, more than i want to make postings, or post comments.
So what's really wrong with that, my style in reading this forum?

If somebody here doesn't like my parts, doesn't want them, something about price, then why make comments in the first place?
Your right, i don't know how things are done on this site, and wish you made me feel welcome, instead of biting my *** off.
I won't be doing it again, as I'm done on this site, and will be going away, which i guess will make a couple of you happy.

I'm done also with the vultures, and piranhas, circling my driveway waiting for me to die, in their thinking that there's going to be a big fire sale with auto parts that i have left, when my time comes.
I have already told the executor of my estate to scrap everything that's left and bring it all down to Schnitzers Steel, for scrap prices.
There ain't gonna be any fire sale.
He isn't a big fan of doing anything with car parts anyway, so I'm making it easy for him.

The way that i feel about all this is, if you don't like something about me, then why don't you go and source parts like this, pay for them, do all the rebuilding, buy all the rebuilding parts, perform all your labor, and then put everything up for sale, cheaper than me, and put me out of business.
You want to work for free, or your cities minimum wage, than go for it.
I did this to supplement a social security check, that doesn't go very far, in this modern, day and age.

So go ahead, keep on flaming me, if you want to, and feel up to it.
I'll be leaving you all alone.
You don't wan't me around, and i get the hint.
Time to go.
JV.

What did i do that was wrong, to get you guys pissed off at me in the first place?
All that i did was list two items for sale on this site that i figured out there in the "C' body world might be in need of before i die.
I was waiting in the arrival time span, that COMCAST gives you, for the technician to show up, to connect me with an upgraded tv subscription, and change over my internet with them.
I get bored very easily, and then my attention span goes to heck.
So i figured I'd go out into the garage and tinker around, and take some pictures of the last of this type of parts that i have.

Then i put them on this site, and holy hell brakes loose, for some reason or another.
I thought this guy posting about cantflip meant that i was listing parts that wouldn't sell, or i was a car "flipper" and or parts flipper, in reality i just want to find out if someone out there needs something that i have.
I thought that posting was something derogatory to me, and i made comments to it.
I don't know who's who, and what people on here are members in certain cliques, or fraternities on this site.
I like to lurk around, more than i want to make postings, or post comments.
So what's really wrong with that, my style in reading this forum?

If somebody here doesn't like my parts, doesn't want them, something about price, then why make comments in the first place?
Your right, i don't know how things are done on this site, and wish you made me feel welcome, instead of biting my *** off.
I won't be doing it again, as I'm done on this site, and will be going away, which i guess will make a couple of you happy.

I'm done also with the vultures, and piranhas, circling my driveway waiting for me to die, in their thinking that there's going to be a big fire sale with auto parts that i have left, when my time comes.
I have already told the executor of my estate to scrap everything that's left and bring it all down to Schnitzers Steel, for scrap prices.
There ain't gonna be any fire sale.
He isn't a big fan of doing anything with car parts anyway, so I'm making it easy for him.

The way that i feel about all this is, if you don't like something about me, then why don't you go and source parts like this, pay for them, do all the rebuilding, buy all the rebuilding parts, perform all your labor, and then put everything up for sale, cheaper than me, and put me out of business.
You want to work for free, or your cities minimum wage, than go for it.
I did this to supplement a social security check, that doesn't go very far, in this modern, day and age.

So go ahead, keep on flaming me, if you want to, and feel up to it.
I'll be leaving you all alone.
You don't wan't me around, and i get the hint.
Time to go.
JV.

Hey, no one is flaming on you. You went a little goofy over a member calling out another member that he should buy your stuff. That's it!, so please, suck it up, put your bruised ego away, and just act like an adult. List your stuff, put a reasonable price on it, and all will be good. There are great guys on this site that are willing to help. they poke fun at each other.

Well, i guess i don't get it, on this site, how members react with one another on this site.
Not my style in doing things on the internet.
So i don't fit in here at all.
So you all can carry on, and i will leave everyone alone.
Fair enough with you?

Well, i guess i don't get it, on this site, how members react with one another on this site.
Fair enough with you?
Enough already!

Who do you think you are????

You don't like us???

GOODBYE!!!!

No one is going to miss you or your FN parts!

:realcrazy:

Enough already!

Who do you think you are????

You don't like us???

GOODBYE!!!!

No one is going to miss you or your FN parts!

:realcrazy:

Yep, that's true.
It's the elitist people like you that put a sour taste in my mouth.
As i stated, found out, cbodies only isn't for me.
Live and learn, i guess.
Won't loose any sleep over it.
Now carry on with the interruption that i caused you.

Yep, that's true.
It's the elitist people like you that put a sour taste in my mouth.
As i stated, found out, cbodies only isn't for me.
Live and learn, i guess.
Won't loose any sleep over it.
Now carry on with the interruption that i caused you.

You said this place isn't for you....

HAPPY TRAILS!!!!!

Fair enough with you?
So let's see... One member alerts another member about parts you have for sale and you get annoyed with that?

That's someone helping you out by reaching out to a customer . It's like when you see parts on eBay or Craigslist and you phone your buddy who's always looking for those parts. Everyone wins.

Well, you will be happy then you won't have me to kick around.
Didn't want to be a member in your clique, or fraternity, anyway.
Just move on, nothing more to hash out here anymore.

Well then STFU and go away!!!!

So let's see... One member alerts another member about parts you have for sale and you get annoyed with that?

That's someone helping you out by reaching out to a customer . It's like when you see parts on eBay or Craigslist and you phone your buddy who's always looking for those parts. Everyone wins.
You just don't get it do you?
I had NO IDEA that guy was posting a message between two members in regards to seeing, reading, that for sale ad.
It was poorly executed, written, in my thinking.

Well then STFU and go away!!!!
I will, you want to be the one that closes the gate behind me then?
Like i stated, the mentality on this site, ain't for me.
Found out the hard way.
For all of you that do get it, i guess i wish you well.
Just carry on then, with one less on the board.
I'm sure one won't be missed.

Back