For Sale 1975 New Yorker not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kp1226

Reaction score
Contact seller
75 Chrysler New Yorker

ABAB4829-D595-4993-AB9B-F5771FF5B506.png

Was all set to go look at it, but had seller send me some additional pictures, and it has some rust issues on the Dutchman panel, the 1/4 panel,and i suspect under the vinyls top. So I told the selller no thanks. Nice enough guy,but lost interest after seeing the dutchman.

Pictures of Formals dont always show the true condition of the car.

Too bad, it looked like it could of been nice.

I like it. Credit to the seller for providing initial photos and additional ones per request.

I'd drive the heck out of it...even with unknown issues to fix...Maybe 4-5K would get it?

I'm thinking $2500-$3000 with the rust issues we know about would be a fair offer.

I’m partial to it because I have one, and love it.. I’m with Bob and Doc though. Negotiate the price and drive it......

'75 Nyers are so mesmerizing. They look so elegant. The openness of no hidden grille with the luxury look in the rear of the formal cars. I'd love to have one. I'd drive the piss out of it. I'm sure they are comfy too.

The rust under the roof - I mean you can only avoid that so much on a 40+ year old car?
Are Formals prone to rusting out around the windows like the earlier Fuselage era vinyl cars?

'75 Nyers are so mesmerizing. They look so elegant. The openness of no hidden grille with the luxury look in the rear of the formal cars. I'd love to have one. I'd drive the piss out of it. I'm sure they are comfy too.

The rust under the roof - I mean you can only avoid that so much on a 40+ year old car?
Are Formals prone to rusting out around the windows like the earlier Fuselage era vinyl cars?
I like the way you think!! I have one, so I’m partial..and you are correct on all accounts. Love driving her.

All of them have rust under the vinyl at some level. The worst spot for rust on Formsl's is the bottom of the rear quarters.

Question: Do you Formal guys like the '74 - '75 NYB's or the '76 - '78 Waterfall NYB's .....also Imperials?

Question: Do you Formal guys like the '74 - '75 NYB's or the '76 - '78 Waterfall NYB's .....also Imperials?
I absolutely LOVE both mine.. I’ve always been a Landyacht Guy, but these big Chrysler’s have always had a special Place in my heart..

I prefer 1978's. I have 2 of them. Nothing wrong with the rest of the Formal's. I like them all.

The only 2 things I don't like is ATC II. And the rear disc brakes. Since all of the 74-75 Imp's have both ATC II and disc brakes it would be highly unlikely that I would have one. I wouldn't have any other Formal with ATC II.

Of course the 1978's have their own one year only quirks but I have already mitigated all those problems.

Thanks for the responses. I know most everyone on this site are Fusi lovers....I like a few of them also. Personal taste I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back