NOT MINE 1975 Royal Monaco Wagon Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Wow! what a beauty. The price does reflect it's condition. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/royal_monaco/2419659.html
73801867-770-0@2X.jpeg

Long before I knew of this car (today); a Royal Monaco was my favorite formal-era wagon. And a formal wagon is really the best of the Mopar wagons... yes, a '71 Sport Fury wagon might have a slight appearance edge, but formals "do" a lot of things better, and I "use" my vehicles.

Then you get down to color... Must be dark, to compliment the woodgrain. I've seen this color in real life and it's gorgeous with brown trim. I love the gold stripe on these as well.

Car has great options, and the top engine. Fantastic interior.

I would be a buyer for this car all day, and it would have a good home with me.

But sadly, not at $30k. There is no hobby car I could imagine spending that kind of money upon. Good luck to the seller.

Awesome car for for sure, one of my dream cars but for 30k it's up by muscle car pricing.

I bet this is probably the most famous Royal Monaco wagon in the world. You can now own a piece of automotive history. It's a steal at only 30 grand.

:lol:

Then you get down to color... Must be dark, to compliment the woodgrain. I've seen this color in real life and it's gorgeous with brown trim.

In fact, in combination with Sienna Metallic, as stated in the link (= KT5), this is the first time the wood grain on the sides doesn't strike me as odd.

Last edited:
At first I thought, 30k?? and thought, what a joker, he'll never get close to that.
THEN.... I remembered that wagon that went for $50k last year.

At first I thought, 30k?? and thought, what a joker, he'll never get close to that.

Wha? Is this the "famous" others were referring to?

And the air isn't as cold as it should be? The damn thing should make me a cold drink.

You can't fault the guy for shooting for the moon.

He's got a super-rare car, in one of the best colors available, in beautiful condition, maybe one of the nicest three on the planet. Especially if he doesn't really need to sell it and is just testing the waters to see if there's someone out there that has to have it.

I couldn't find a recent example, but I know that very low mile 1994-1996 Roadmaster wagons will pull $20-$25K all day long, and they are way more common than this, though demand for them is also much higher.

Jeff

I couldn't find a recent example, but I know that very low mile 1994-1996 Roadmaster wagons will pull $20-$25K all day long, and they are way more common than this, though demand for them is also much higher.

Jeff
I had a 96 Roadmaster wagon, black, wood delete, very Livery looking. When GM ended production of the B/C bodies, I had a constant stream of cash offers from Pakistanis looking to replace their 300,000 mile Caprices. :lol:

I had a 96 Roadmaster wagon, black, wood delete, very Livery looking. When GM ended production of the B/C bodies, I had a constant stream of cash offers from Pakistanis looking to replace their 300,000 mile Caprices. :lol:

You deleted the best part. :D

I have a 95 Roadmaster Wagon, Champagne Gold with the wood. This post got me thinking, I've never ever seen a Black Roadmaster with wood grain sides.....

My Dad had one in the same color combo...only difference was that it was a 74.

I have a 95 Roadmaster Wagon, Champagne Gold with the wood. This post got me thinking, I've never ever seen a Black Roadmaster with wood grain sides.....

Somewhere, I have photos of a '79 LeBaron T&C that I painted black w/wood and wire wheels. It looked like a high-class wine barrel on wheels.

tangent alert .. theres a few black/very dark "woodies" (factory and customs) over the years

Capture 72 (1).png
Capture 73 (1).png
Capture 71  (1).png
Capture 90 (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back