1976 auto temp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Can you possibly post some new pictures of your 4 speed NYB. We haven't seen too many pictures from the previous owner.

Hey Stan it's new yorker one 002.jpgnew yorker one 001.jpg Joe not Jim and how do you know my brother? lol!!!!!!
I not loving the scoops and would like them off but he drilled holes in the hood. I have a few things to fix. The other owner thought it would be nice to disconnect of few things. So who has parts for the ac?

new yorker one 001.jpg

new yorker one 002.jpg

Joe, Jim, Jack.... I'm horrible with names. Sorry about that.
Joe, did Jed include another steering wheel with the car?
And did something happen to the dash pad or is it just an illusion in the pic?
Witholding opinion about the scoops, the car still looks good.
Damn, it feels good to see it around again.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Joe, Jim, Jack.... I'm horrible with names. Sorry about that.
Joe, did Jed include another steering wheel with the car?
Witholding opinion about the scoops, the car still looks good.
Damn, it feels good to see it around again.

< Sent from my tablet >
Thanks everyone.
Jed did give me a steering wheel ,new steering box, and weather stripping .And he also disconnected the radio,cruise,horn,seat locks, and an ac that refuses to work. I should have the motor running the way it should in a week or so and I'll post a youtube vid of it then. I did run a tunnel ram on my 440 cuda and a max wedge setup on my old charger so I'm just sick on how slow this one revs.
joe

Joe, the damn thing weighs 5,000 lbs!!!! LMAO
Hmmmm... Tunnel ram New Yorker....

< Sent from my tablet >

You and Ross (stormer) will get along fabulously.
He'll be checking in soon....

< Sent from my tablet >

back to my orginal problem. 1974 servo will it work and a Mercedes amp.
I know Phil Walker from Detroit who was big guy in Chrysler a few years ago and he builds turbos.I know he has twin turbos on his Roadrunner.

$T2eC16V,!zUE9s38+CCeBRU32ONeyw~~60_57.jpg

4527_12.jpg

Twin turbo's won't help your ATC work correctly. :eusa_hand:.. The best thing to do is (what Stan should have done, while the dash was out) replace the Auto Temp with conventional hvac controls.

Last edited:
I doubt the servo is bad...I've never seen a servo fail. Its almost always the amplifier that prevents the servo from doing its job.. You can pull your servo and test it with a 9 volt battery, if it works, clean it up and put it back.

I just found some additional info on the amps.
The P/N is 3441553 and the application says 71 - 78. Sounds like the M-B ones will work.
I do know Brad's NOS has a new one for $175. You better buy it if you want it because I'm thinking about it myself.
I'll let you have first shot at it.

Mr. C: is the M-B amp the same as the Mopar amp?

I have compiled a list of the M-B P/N's for the amp:

33cbtaq.jpg

Last edited:
I'll call him tomorrow and see. I also would like to know if the mc's will work also. I have a new clutch for the fan coming along with colder plugs. I should be able to put some timing in to the motor and get her to rev a little faster I hope. What do you think about having the scoops painted white to match the car?

new yorker.jpg

If you are gonna do some painting find another hood and paint it or have the holes welded and paint that. Scoops just don't work on the formals at all .. or at least those on that one esp being mounted so far back

Those scoops are annoying the crap out of me but it may be because I still feel attached to it.
Sorta like seeing an old girlfriend you were crazy in love with but she got a nose ring after she left you.

< Sent from my tablet >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back