Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Interesting look...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4990498427.html
76 Dodge Charger project a lot of new parts runs not drivable pics on request. Relocation forces sale or possible trade for car/truck running condition. An old school classic has a 400 big block b- body car. These cars go for 3 plus grand as daily driver. Looking for $1400.00. On a non op clean title in my name. Send me an email with what you have or best cash offer. Thx

00l0l_40igzyXMq1o_600x450.jpg

00q0q_fB7AB4GKXZr_600x450.jpg

01212_2KFaylg2l8a_600x450.jpg

01212_6vBN2fzN3tw_600x450.jpg

1976 Dodge Charger - checked the factory brochure, 4different models for this year: SE, Daytona, Charger Sport, & Charger.
(surprising the number of models for this year. Thought theCharger was more or less dead...)
This car appears to be a Daytona due to the "two-tonepaint and special body striping" and open rear quarter window.
Sorry, I just can't get past that nose, just like I can'tget past the nose of the '73 - '75 Chevy Monte Carlo (my 1st American car was a1974 Monte Carlo. Got it free as it was a total POS). Far prefer the simplicityof the standard 1976 Charger, i.e. with the Coronet/Fury nose:

1976 Dodge Charger - checked the factory brochure, 4 different models for this year: SE, Daytona, Charger Sport, & Charger.
(surprising the number of models for this year. Thought the Charger was more or less dead...)

This car appears to be a Daytona due to the "two-tone paint and special body striping" and open rear quarter window.

Sorry, I just can't get past that nose, just like I can't get past the nose of the '73 - '75 Chevy Monte Carlo (my 1st American car was a 1974 Monte Carlo. Got it free as it was a total POS). Far prefer the simplicity of the standard 1976 Charger, i.e. with the Coronet/Fury nose:

1976%20Dodge%20Charger-08.jpg

1976%20Dodge%20Charger-08.jpg

wth are those?

In California if you car is not running, or you intend to store it on private property not to use it, then you can get a non-op registration which used to cost $5 per year vs. the normal full amount. Keeps you current without having to pay the full load.

In California if you car is not running, or you intend to store it on private property not to use it, then you can get a non-op registration which used to cost $5 per year vs. the normal full amount. Keeps you current without having to pay the full load.
Wonder what my bill would be if I wanted to register my Barracuda it still has Ca. pink slip and has not been registered since 1991.

That is a indeed a Charger Daytona. The Daytona package replaced the Ralley option package in 75. By then it was an appearance package without emphasis on the mechanicals.

Mr C, when you express it like that, it gives the impression the Chager Daytona was it's own separate model.
In actuality, there was a Daytona option you could add to the Special Edition model.
Maybe it's splitting hairs but, that's how my mind sees it.

Wonder what my bill would be if I wanted to register my Barracuda it still has Ca. pink slip and has not been registered since 1991.

Well I know your car would have been dropped out of the system within 7 years. The idea of non-op was to keep the car in the system which it didn't really do as my Cougar was dropped in the late 80's due to smog requirements at the time. Dropped probably because no fee and primitive tracking system. Today the fee is $18, I checked, and that keeps you in the system and makes money for California DMV. Since the Barracuda is your car, and you have the title, I suspect you would have back fees.

Now if you had just bought the car, it was CA, had no title then you could trailer it down to AAA or DMV and have them run a title search. When nothing shows up I believe you fill out REG 227 and check the box saying title not received. Then, as buyer, you would write a statement of facts as to where you got the car. Then off to the CHP for VIN verification, inspection of car and VIN plates, and if not stolen then they fill out REG 31. After all that then you register like any other car with normal fees.

Mr C, when you express it like that, it gives the impression the Chager Daytona was it's own separate model.
In actuality, there was a Daytona option you could add to the Special Edition model.
Maybe it's splitting hairs but, that's how my mind sees it.

Not the intent to imply a separate model. The way your mind sees it is how it was with the Daytonas... the door panels had the SE script on them etc.

I had a 76 dark blue, no vinyl doba.
Gorgeous. In my top 5 or 6 cars I have owned.
I'd I found a blue blue Daytona, I might not be able to contain myself.

Perhaps both schemes were offered in each colour...

Always thought this era Daytona screamed out for those bulging Magnum doors, the paint scheme is perfect for it.

Burn that Mother Down!!

QUOTE=commando1;257217]Now I'm getting confused about what is the correct blue blue paint scheme.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back