Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I want.
1976 Dodge Charger Daytona

Original unmolested survivor
Documented 2 owners, I've had it since 1997.
Numbers matching, build sheet.
120,000 miles
Detailed maintence records
Antique plate, transferable.

360 2bl, 904 TF, 8 1/4 open
15" Rallye wheels, Tuff Wheel, Slap Stick
PS, PB, A/C, AM/FM/8
Vinyl buckets w/ console.

Mechanical:
Excellent - starts, stops, runs, drives, shifts exactly like it should.
Since I've had it (17 years, 50,000 miles) have done timing chain, water pump, trans / converter, brakes, sub frame bushings, rear springs. Just put a battery in it.
Aftermarket radiator sprung a leak a couple years ago. Clipped off a tube so a fresh one will be needed eventually. Smokes a bit at start up but that's just valve stem seals. Fresh shocks wouldn't hurt. Maybe 15,000 miles on the tires (60,000 mile Dunlops).

Interior:
The dash pad has the usual crack in the usual spot but otherwise perfect including console lid. Tuff wheel padding tight and no chunks missing. All guages including the clock work. The 8 track part of the radio just gave up but I have another one. No chips or cracks in the glass. A/C in op but that's just the usual freon leak. Have had it charged and working.

Exterior:
Original paint is oxidized and thin, down to the metal in spots. Tape strapes faded to white in some spots. Good candidate for clear coat preservation. All trim in tact. Suspect it had a fender bender before I got it but you really have to look to see it. Rust hole in drivers side rear quarter behind wheel. Overall, by 70s Dodge in rust belt standards, minimal issues.

Reason for sale:
I need more garages or less cars and I have another red 76 Daytona (NFS)
I love this one but know where the paint is headed and don't want to watch that.
I only put about 500 miles / year on it.

Pricing:
Good luck finding another survivor Daytona in red with documentation and in this condition.
Its a driver not a barn find or an estate car that has been sitting - you are not going to put a lot of money in to it after purchase.

Terms of sale:
Money talks but I am more interested in it going to a good home.
Don't waste your time or mine with your scam or sob story.
Reasonable offers considered, NO trades.

The trucks in the background are NOT for sale.
[email protected]
image 1 of 5
00303_4jIwDPGf5dw_600x450.jpg

00303_4jIwDPGf5dw_50x50c.jpg
01313_pOlMruUta5_50x50c.jpg
00T0T_dJ9S9cBQA6G_50x50c.jpg
00C0C_8lSktrv2IoC_50x50c.jpg
00P0P_hV1AdLAvcNh_50x50c.jpg

I think the Daytona had a crank sunroof and a 400 4 bbl as options, which would be the Trifecta for a Charger lover. My Magnum XE
100_0379.JPG
has the GT pkg, T-tops and the E-58 Police package. So my car is the trifecta for Magnum lovers. I had the add on side molding removed and plan on removing the vinyl top (add on) next year by the body man and have the car painted from the doors back. I'm torn to add the factory GT stripes or not.

Huh.... that Daytona ad sounds like I wrote it and Pete's doing exactly what I'd do with his Magnum... and I'd also be torn about the stripes!

I guess my work here is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back