For Sale 1976 Newport 392 Hemi $6500 Cdn

Status
Not open for further replies.

77comet

Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine

1976 CHRYSLER NEWPORT | Classic Cars | Annapolis Valley | Kijiji

1976 Chrysler Newport in excellent condition. Has a first generation 392 Hemi engine under the hood (transplanted). Original 400 inch wedge also included. Approximately 1000 miles on the completely rebuilt Hemi under the hood. All paperwork available. New tires all around. Radio and 8 track. There are many extra parts. Car is smoke free. Will also consider a trade for a 1966 Chevrolet 2 or 4 door or a 1988-90 Caprice. All offers considered.
$_59 (2).JPG

$_59.JPG
$_59 (3).JPG

"Has a first generation 392 Hemi engine under the hood (transplanted)."

What??? You mean, it wasn't a hostile takeover??? Of course it was transplanted.

And, as cool as it is, because of that transplant...

"Not Legal For Sale in California!"

1976 cars must pass Smog Test with the original equipment installed. While some newer items can be substituted, older cannot.

1000 miles on rebuilt hemi, no money left for paint before installing. Or just enough for a can of gold to do the valve covers, hope that painting them isn't considered the rebuild.

1000 miles on rebuilt hemi, no money left for paint before installing. Or just enough for a can of gold to do the valve covers, hope that painting them isn't considered the rebuild.
I thought abt that too. Thinking maybe the owner went with the used look vs. new and shiny? I kinda like that approach. Not everything has to look perfect....just my 2 cents worth.

Sticky this for the next time someone asks if it can be done.

...and am I crazy, or is the cruise hooked up?!?

"Approximately 1000 miles on the completely rebuilt Hemi under the hood."

Completely rebuilt, yet caked with old oil, and covered in unpainted intake, block, and water pump. I'm not a professional, but when my son and I rebuilt the 401 we dropped into his Gremlin, it looked great!!!

IMG_4340.JPG

We eventually were able to replace that ugly front pulley!
20150711_105812.jpg

I guess I want it.

This caught my eye.--IMO the 392 is the real hemi.
I remember calling -Oregon auto Wreckers- in the early seventies asking about 392 Hemi engines.
They said they had a steady supply at $125 ea. Come on down and haul them away.:steering:
I really like the idea of putting them back to work in a big car.

What wasn't mentioned was how they adapted the existing TorqueFlite to the A-block bolt pattern on the rear of the Gen I Hemi? Other related interfaces? (Thinking the A and B/RB pattern is different?)

If it's still got the orig exhaust manifolds, probably not much more power than a 400-4bbl?

Neat that it happened. Just curious "WHY?"

CBODY67

I really like the idea of putting them back to work in a big car.

Along those same lines, when another member was selling a '68 Sportgrain Newport that had lost its drivetrain, I thought it would be neat to put an old Chrysler straight-eight under the hood for the whole classic Town & Country feel.

It's not that everything needs to be stock, it's just that your mods should be creative. Shoving an LS into everything is not creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back