1976 royal monaco diplomat edition 440

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Picking up a "new" barn find this week. It's in pretty good shape, black with maroon interior, power everything, 440. Hoping to find out production numbers of this car. I don't think I have ever seen another one. I will post pics when I get it home.

Picking up a "new" barn find this week. It's in pretty good shape, black with maroon interior, power everything, 440. Hoping to find out production numbers of this car. I don't think I have ever seen another one. I will post pics when I get it home.
I love these. Can’t wait to see it

Well, I got the car home. 71000 original miles. Changed the oil, replaced a plug wire, little oil in the cylinders, fire in the hole…….purrs like a BIG cat. I'm very pleased. Now I have to do some cleaning up. Will post pics soon.

Congratulations on your new car! I like those very much and am eagerly awaiting your pictures and further details! Great find!!!!!

We had one FS here in the past if I remember correctly. It was a triple black coupe. It was about two years ago and East of the Mississippi.

1976 monaco front.jpg
1976 monaco tail.jpg
1976 monaco.jpg
1976 monaco front.jpg
1976 monaco tail.jpg

Still learning, but I think it's just a trim package, special top and rectangular side windows?

The dark-colored, loaded-up Royal Monaco's of that era remind me of something an East-side of Detroit (Clinton Township) street soldier would have driven, so he didn't outshine the boss' New Yorker.

Downriver it would have been Grand Marquis and boss' Lincoln.

Believe it or not, Caddy's of that era had a ghetto rep and weren't all that popular locally amongst my people.

We had one FS here in the past if I remember correctly. It was a triple black coupe. It was about two years ago and East of the Mississippi.

There was a very low mileage blue one for sale on here a couple of years ago.

Back