1977 Gran Fury advertisement parody

PeugFra

Reaction score
This is a howler, from Indieauto:

"You can still insist on a full measure of driving comfort, a veritable barge floating down the interstate, effortlessly passing all of the clattering little shit boxes. You have bigger dreams."

(Apparently, the board software also finds it funny, because it keeps inserting the picture twice, no matter how diligently I delete it.)

1977-Plymouth-Gran-Fury-ad-parody.png

1977-Plymouth-Gran-Fury-ad-parody.png

Last edited:

Imperial dude

Reaction score
That is too funny
I'm going to have Liz work up something like that for my Imperial

"Sure it has a mpg rating like it has a hole in the tank, but it has the passenger capacity of a cross town bus, and trunk space to rival a U- haul
When you feel the need to roar down the interstate in 2 1/2 tons of steel, yet,feel like your at home on the couch, only Imperial will do"

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I don't know 'bout the gas mileage thing, my 1976 Gran Fury Brougham with the 360ci motor in it got at the best at the one of several times I kept a gas log was 22 mpg. And that was a I-95 Florida run with the speed control set @ 90mph. Even my 1968 318 Furys got 18/20 mpg on the highway at times I kept track of it. Pump the tires up hard and don't work the gas pedal much and they get good mileage.

RedBaron440

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
"See the U_S_A, In your Gran Fur-ray!" -Diana Shore (P.S. - Ms. Shore, Formerly a Chevrolet employee.)

War Wagon2

Reaction score
Very attractive car .... I'm glad the Brougham front end styling was used as a standard for the last two years of production!!