1977 New Car Photos

march

Reaction score
If anyone wonders what the engine bay looked like on our cars when they were new, I took these photos a long time ago, from a 77 Newport at the Syracuse Nationals. This car was stored and forgotten in a in a garage. The folks that cleaned out the garage ended up with the car.

001_zpsvhrgsgqj.jpg

002_zpsuodzhoof.jpg

003_zpskaxkwvw5.jpg

004_zpsyinr3feo.jpg

005_zpsgdi5lr66.jpg

008_zpsnwqqgqg7.jpg

009_zpstsg1um34.jpg

010_zpstkjtgm30.jpg

012_zpsh5jes5yn.jpg

013_zpsb115qp2f.jpg

31 MILES!
Must have had it Trailered Home from the Dealership!
Tony.M
(I'm a Senior Member Too, But Only in Years. LOL)

Nice historic reference pictures.

Thanks,
CBODY67

How does one buy a new car, then FORGET about it?
This is the story, as I recall. I may not be 100% accurate, as I see this happen every now and then, and I get these stories confused.
The owner lost his ability to drive shortly after purchasing it. He eventually passed. His wife had no need for the big car, but missed her husband. She passed. I think another relative got everything but liked Florida more than NY. They eventually passed. Someone was hired to clear out the garages.
The new car dealer was about 1 mile away. I know the area well.
It's a nice area.
The 2014 seller said it ran great, but I can't confirm that. It was expensive, but I don't recall the price. He was not a dealer. He cleaned out garages.
I never saw the car again.

I took interior photos but can't locate them. It was a base Newport, just like new.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more picture of this car. I really appreciate unmolested, unrestored vehicles.

I always wonder how low mileage, especially ultra-low mileage cars come to exist. But it seems the basic story is usually the same. Someone buys a car and dies relatively shortly after, then the spouse hangs on to it for sentimental reasons until they pass at which point the vehicle is transferred to someone with no interest in the vehicle and they sell. That's the basic story of my Chrysler too.

Awesome car but what a pain to own, because you can't drive it. All you can do is show it in a museum or haul it on a trailer and never unload it.

Back