Not open for further replies.

Kp1226

Reaction score
Contact seller
eBay for BIN $1900

1977 Chrysler New Yorker | eBay

363FD090-1E7C-4C69-AD27-E444AEDA09C3.png

C14B2DD4-488C-4A8A-A6F7-E9412ABDEBCA.png

I spoke with the owner recently, Darrell, very nice man.. I detailed our conversation and the cars story in another thread.. it has EXTENSIVE rust in the cowl area. I can add pictures if anyone is interested.. just say’en.... I was ALL OVER THIS ONE! Like a fat kid on a cupcake, until the rust issue came to light..

That bad, huh?
According to the owner, yes sir. He did sends pictures, there’s (3) rusted areas. One under the wiper motor, one on the drivers side and the other passenger side cowl. Where it can’t be reached for repairs. The passenger side seems the worst as it extends down to the heater box area on the firewall.. I’ll add the pictures.

Shame too, the car has a great back story and I like the color combo and manual A/C.. it was a special order by a Local Judge..

That bad, huh?
According to the owner, yes sir. He did sends pictures, there’s (3) rusted areas. One under the wiper motor, one on the drivers side and the other passenger side cowl. Where it can’t be reached for repairs. The passenger side seems the worst as it extends down to the heater box area on the firewall.. I’ll add the pictures.

Shame too, the car has a great back story and I like the color combo and manual A/C.. it was a special order by a Local Judge..

The first picture is passenger side cowl above the heater box area.

B3EAD214-1900-4AC3-B0B3-1E1276370F98.jpeg

Second picture is of the firewall area in front of the heater box.

FAA08E3A-DF8A-454D-8865-9304DF524449.jpeg

He sent other pictures of the Cowl area but you really can’t tell much by the quality.

Grind it out, sheet metal patch, weld. That or bondo. Its hardly hopeless, and the price is reasonable.

View attachment 217675

Grind it out, sheet metal patch, weld. That or bondo. Its hardly hopeless, and the price is reasonable.
Agreed.. I thought the same, but add in $1,500 - $1,900 shipping to the Eastcoast for me, plus I wasn’t sure what else she was hiding that the owner didn’t know about..I had to decline.

View attachment 217675

Agreed.. I thought the same, but add in $1,500 - $1,900 shipping to the Eastcoast for me, plus I wasn’t sure what else she was hiding that the owner didn’t know about..I had to decline.

Yeah, I wouldn't throw down on that vintage when travel costs add in. If it was LOCAL, maaaaaayyyyybeeeeeee....

This car was for sale a couple years ago.....before it was cleaned up! It's a bigger project than you might realize....IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back