SOLD 1977 PK41 Fury Police Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyphish

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a one civilian owner Lea County NM sheriff personal unmarked special ordered 1977 Fury Police Package. NO rust or wrecks and has it's original dull white paint with various nicks and scratches from New Mexico gravel roads at high speed. Super Solid tire fryer!! Runs great, no smoke on 79K mile 440/4BBL with HD 727. Has a lean burn delete kit but all original parts go with the car and a parts car (non roller) goes with it, if you want it. Nice blue interior with wear where the Sheriff sat. (So, I am having front seat recovered). Prisoner door locks, original rubber floor covering, spotlight, new dual exhaust, 140 certified speedo, dual temp/oil gauge, ticket light, AC, heat, 3 core radiator, trans cooler, quick ratio power steering with cooler, 9.25 3.23 posi with HD springs, HD torsion bars, suspension and new tires and brakes. New PS seals and $400 period correct modern radio. Does not leak a drop of anything. It even has a petcock to offload fuel to a stranded constituents car. COOL. Clear title.REAL DEAL Fly to Louisiana and drive it home. $11,000 337-499-44 three five

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

I prefer my operating period correct radio in my '70 Fury III ex-WSP squad.

100_0409.JPG

P.S. I also have the petcock under the hood and the clear fuel line spooled around a bracket in front of the radiator support.

What is this thing that is in the middle of the speedo cable and ties into the harness?

IMG_0298.JPG

I don't have that on my car. Almost looks like an adaptor for electronic speedometer or factory tachometer that squads with radar units could connect to????

Last edited:
It has a part number on it so I will chase to ground (pun) later. Speaking of Blues Brothers, I could put a 74 front clip (which I have) and paint white with Chicago blue markings and make it a chase car to go with the Great Race Bluesmobile. BUT it is a nice survivor so I hate to cobble with it.

180626_TLB_0143[1].jpg

Last edited:
Will do as soon as I get the front seat back. Thanks
I steam cleaned the motor but am not painting etc. It was filthy from a cracked valve cover. Removed smog pump, changed exhaust manifolds and put duals on it. You can see the original high altitude emission package in some of the shots.

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

Damn, we're talking pretty original.

Screenshot_2018-09-07-13-38-10.jpg

May I ask why you tinkered with the exhaust manifolds?

I think this cop car is deserving of a true restoration, btw. I don't care about Provenance.

Damn, we're talking pretty original.

View attachment 211172

May I ask why you tinkered with the exhaust manifolds?

I think this cop car is deserving of a true restoration, btw. I don't care about Provenance.
Yes you may. The air pump was on the car with no belt. The hard pipe that runs behind the motor and connects the exhaust had a large hole in it. So since the exhaust manifolds have air tubes in them, it created a full time leak. I carefully removed all that and the exhaust manifolds and it is all in the trunk. I had a nice set of HP manifolds so "why not". A splice in that air pipe your back in business. The lean burn harness is not cut as well, just tucked away. It actually ran decent under power but was like turning the key off when you tried to go a constant speed. I am clueless on working on that. I have no room and this car does not need to be kept outside. I have tried 3 different AM radios, which is what it came with and 1 AM/FM 8 track. Cant get any to work so threw 'em in the trunk. Gotta' Bluetooth coming. If 11k is heavy, make an offer. I would give it to my grand daughter but want a modern airbag car for a new kid driver. Phish

PS She is begging to have it. How cool to whip up to high school in that barge?

Last edited:
What are you trying to say Stan? You know me, always clueless and slow....Lol
I'm sayin, I would hate for someone to be looking at that car and think about buying black paint...

I don't have 11 grand to buy that car. I don't have 10, 5, or 1 either but I hope there's one fool out there that believes that this nice, original, Formal, cop car is a rarity and grabs this.
But everyone wants a Fuselage cop car, sadly.

Last edited:
I'm sayin, I would hate for someone to be looking at that car and think about buying black paint...

I don't have 11 grand to buy that car. I don't have 10, 5, or 1 either but I hope there's one fool out there that believes that this nice, original, Formal, cop car is a rarity and grabs this.

Seems I am the only fool on this board LOL. Your right, she don't need no black paint. You need to read George Teague Sheriff, Lovington NM obit. War hero, got elected in 1977 and on May 20th his (this) ordered car was built. Says he would go out and cruise at night, many times without the dispatcher knowing. A true lawman. Wish this car could talk. Back seat is mint so must not have been any bad guys back then. Stephen

Copied: During the late 60’s George had a passion for racing stock cars and anyone who knew George knows that his love of driving fast never left him. He never got over his strong belief that the only way to get from point A to point B was in the least amount of time possible.

You think this car was ever PUNCHED?

Last edited:

I can just imagine some blumo guys grinding their teeth. But yes i agree, it needs to stay as i is and be preserved. I started off being surprised at how easily people scrap a formal cop car without a second thought. Then I became resigned. I do prefer the fusey cars, but that's my own personal preference simply because I spent my youth tear assing around in a 70 fury doing things that car was never designed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back