WANTED 1977 Turn Signal Switch PN 3747202

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to order it, but it appears to have differing number of pins and only one has a hazard flasher
If your New Yorker does not have cornering lights, you can still use the switch with cornering lights. This is just a separate plug that goes on the end of the contact board.

I understand the desire to get the part in advance but in this case I'd suggest pulling the old switch BEFORE ordering a new one. That way you'll be sure you get the right one cause you can compare it with the one that's there. Will take a little longer in total though.

I understand the desire to get the part in advance but in this case I'd suggest pulling the old switch BEFORE ordering a new one. That way you'll be sure you get the right one cause you can compare it with the one that's there. Will take a little longer in total though.

Okay how about this one (1977 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER 7.2L 440cid V8 Turn Signal Switch | RockAuto), I see that this doesn't pull up a specific one, I am referring to Sheemar SM116
Yes, that is the correct switch for tilt column with cornering lights. The knob for the hazard is removed from the old one with a Phillips screw.

Okay, thank you! only problem is that I'm pretty sure my hazard switch is the part that is broken. If I take it apart and discover that, is that ordered separately?

Okay, @CBODY67 , I believe I don't have cornering lights now that I look at it, just checking with you cause you are very knowledgeable.

20220127_200913.jpg

Okay, @CBODY67 , I believe I don't have cornering lights now that I look at it, just checking with you cause you are very knowledgeable.

View attachment 511801
Those lenses (all amber) are non cornering lights variety. A cornering light car lens is half amber half clear and has 2 bulbs in it...a 194 and a 1157...if you only have a 194 you do not have cornering lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back