SOLD 1978 440 HP motor complete without accessories includes a transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey all i have decided to sell this motor as i am never going to use it. It was stored a long time ago and filled with grease then had the heads pulled to check it out and dirt dust etc covered it finally, so its very greasy and dirty but its all there as a long motor. The heads are 452's with double valve springs and the bottom end of the engine i have never taken apart. I would suggest a rebuild but hey wash it down and maybe it will be good? I will throw in a 727 gearbox to go with it. I am asking $400 for the lot. The pad decodes to a 1978 cast crank high performance motor.

440HP.jpg

440HP1.jpg

440HP2.jpg

440HP3.jpg

440HP4.jpg

P.S. i forgot to add, the two heads closest to the camera are the heads for this motor also the water pump goes with it too.

That's a more than fair price for an engine & tranny. It would sell immediately for that on CL.

Posted via Topify using Android

That's a more than fair price for an engine & tranny. It would sell immediately for that on CL.

Posted via Topify using Android

Yah, I figured i would offer it here first then if there are no bites i will list it on CL in maybe a week or so.

I have been considering steam cleaning this motor as it is actually shiny blue under all that crap, mind you i am hesitant, it would take a can or two of WD40 to spray all the internals to stop it rusting up afterwards then i am sure I would miss some spots, it just looks nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back