For Sale 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeugFra

Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale from PA, with a starting bid of $3,500:

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg

Seller's text:

"Sharp looking 1978 2 door Chrysler New Yorker. White with red leather interior and plush carpet. 400 4 bbl. Options include power windows. door locks and seats, tilt telescope, clock, AM/FM 8 track. This car has been in storage for 10 years. It was started last year but would not stay running. It is complete and unmodified. Mileage [90,000] is approximate. The body is in good condition, with exception of the left lower quarter. At some point before I acquired it, there had been water leaking into the trunk where it settled in the lower pan area eventually causing rust. Some rough body work was done, but it really should be corrected. Otherwise, the paint is original. . There is a small but noticeable bump in the hood, the result of someone leaving a tool on the air cleaner and closing it. As for the interior, it is fair to good. There is some stiffness in areas of the seat cushions and the back seat is split at the top stitching where the sun hits it. This seems to be a common problem for this model. The dash pad has been sun damaged and will need to be re-dyed. However, no cracking. Since the car has been in storage for so long, I am unsure of what other issues there may be. It ran and drove when it was put there and I have driven it a handful of times since. Overall, the car presents well and with some minor work, can be an excellent cruiser. It currently has a PA issued classic plate. The VIN and production numbers [read: production date] indicate that it is one of the last known C body cars built. This was recently verified in the For C Bodies Only forum. I reserve the right to end the auction early as the car is listed for sale locally. Payment must clear before car is released. Thanks for your interest!"

For the moment, it is the last known C-body built, but it doesn't get much traction. It's been on sale from August.

A car that has sat for ten years is going to need a lot of work. Full brake system, hoses, fuel tank clean out, carb rebuild, tires etc. Minimum bid might be optimistic given interior needs work and lower quarter rust issues. Car is also due for a timing chain. Looks to also have lean burn still attached.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back