Reaction score
Contact seller
1978 Chrysler Newport -LOADED- EXCELLENT

1978 Chrysler Newport with 50k miles.
One Owner, well cared for.
Classic Luxury Car.
EXCELLENT Condition.
No rust. Always stored inside.
400 cubic inch engine with 4 barrel carburator.
Has full size spare and 2 extra tires on rims.
Electric door locks, power windows, Factory AC, tilt, telescopic steering wheel.
Has rear wheel skirts and the chrome moldings should you choose to leave the skirts off.
Immaculate interior.
Has original chrome road wheels.

CAR IS NICER THAN THE PICTURES SHOW.

00h0h_ipasxyPmDP0_600x450.jpg

00j0j_c6RW6ELznBG_600x450.jpg

00T0T_8GtOW3pz0Ic_600x450.jpg

00e0e_7qARn4QDb9k_600x450.jpg

I actually like that Newport a whole lot better than a New Yorker as the front and rear end appeal to me more. Makes the New Yorker look downright over the top with the broughamish appointments.

Odd car in a good way, I would add that to my collection and alternate being surrounded by green and red. Love that it's a loaded Newport.

Maybe no buyer has been serious enough to agree to his asking price? I am perplexed, $5500 seems fair.

Well based on Stan's criteria that no Formal is worth more than $2500, and I assume Formal means New Yorker, then the Newport would be less. Just following the road map as laid out besides out here with late 70's cars tendency to fail smog...

A Formal is worth what it's worth......

The standard condition Formal's that we see every day here are worth about $2500 on average. Better condition rewards in better prices. Some aren't worth a $1000 but yet the seller thinks he get $10K or more for it.

Pictures can be very misleading....it's the nature of the lens.

I could of bought 3 rust free free low mileage Formal's with all the money I have invested in my 1978 NYB so far.... I chose to go that direction.

One has to put eyeballs on the actual car and know what the pain points on Formal's for known rust issues. A Formal can look pristine and need +$15k in rust repair and paint.

Had it been a Caprice or an LTD, it probably would have sold the first time around.

A 1978 Caprice definitely. A 1978 LTD, and I am a Ford guy, definitely not. The 77-78 Caprice was nicely redone by GM while the Ford was simply a carry over like Chrysler's large cars. I haven't looked but I'm sure the Caprice probably outsold the others combined. I'd take a 77-78 Caprice any day of the week only they have been co-opted by those whose tastes run to the extreme.

Well based on Stan's criteria that no Formal is worth more than $2500, and I assume Formal means New Yorker, then the Newport would be less. Just following the road map as laid out besides out here with late 70's cars tendency to fail smog...
The Newport may be worth more... if fewer options and all the windows and A/C work... and even more if a Dodge...

Think Chevy vs Caddy resale values...

I actually like that Newport a whole lot better than a New Yorker as the front and rear end appeal to me more. Makes the New Yorker look downright over the top with the broughamish appointments.
Ditto. It's more understated than the NYB. I could slide into that seat. It's already gone!

I'd take a 77-78 Caprice any day of the week only they have been co-opted by those whose tastes run to the extreme.

You'd have loved my '79 Caprice Stan, 100% fully loaded, two-tone paint and checkered cloth seats and a 350 (gm can shove the 305, it is nowhere near as good as a 350). Bought it in 1990 for $1200 and 2 weeks later drove it from PA to Orlando. We ate taco bell the whole way down, you can do that when you are in your 20's. If I had my way right now I'd be driving an LT1 as my daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back