1978 NEW YORKER BIG WIPER PITMAN DRIVE BUSHING NEEDED 7/8"TH ONE

edselcat

Reaction score
HELLO I M LOOKING FOR A 1978 NEW YORKER WIPER MOTOR DRIVE BUSHING THAT THE MOTOR PITMAN ARM HOOKS OFF OF . THE ARM HAS A 7/8" HOLE .I cast resins, I can make these and plus I need one or to make one for my own 78 new yorker brougham,any help and then I could help OTHERS in need of this part NO NEED TO CONVERT TO A MAGNUM UNIT.thanks Craig -BOTH PIECES PLEASE OR AT LEAST THE CENTER ONE THAT THE SHAFT GO'S INTO AND CLIP

My post from your other wiper cam thread

I posted the pictures you are talking about years ago on several threads here on FCBO and a mod to erase that bushing forever.

Sorry, I threw those junk parts out years ago and both of my 78's have been modded to the 74-77 small cam setup.

You're F****d. There, I said it. And Im not even a formal guy.
You didn’t have to be so rude about it Mario.... jeez. It’s not like he’s got cancer or something. It’s just a part. One they only made for that one year... one that turns to dust by now.

Dear Edselcat,

What my rude friend is trying to tell you is the you will need to fab the part or fab in an equivalent adapter that will let you use available parts to make the wipers work. You’ll also find several threads around here to help you do it as well.

Best of luck and be sure to tell (and show) us your solution. We sort of collect them around here.

Welcome to the wiper club!

You didn’t have to be so rude about it Mario.... jeez. It’s not like he’s got cancer or something. It’s just a part. One they only made for that one year... one that turns to dust by now.

Dear Edselcat,

What my rude friend is trying to tell you is the you will need to fab the part or fab in an equivalent adapter that will let you use available parts to make the wipers work. You’ll also find several threads around here to help you do it as well.

Best of luck and be sure to tell (and show) us your solution. We sort of collect them around here.

Welcome to the wiper club!

Back