1978 New Yorker for sale in New Zealand

Whoa...imagine the amount of money and work that went into this thing! Looks perfect to me...:eek:...! But otherwise, in Germany we say "Wer restauriert, verliert" ("You restore - you lose").

The problem the seller will have to face: If anyone looks for absolute luxury on this financial level, he'd look for something different than a late Mopar. If anyone was looking for a formal Mopar, he wouldn't pay this much money. But this car is impressing.

I'm not very good with this exchange rate stuff... $55k NZ= $2500 US???

Whoa...imagine the amount of money and work that went into this thing! Looks perfect to me...:eek:...! But otherwise, in Germany we say "Wer restauriert, verliert" ("You restore - you lose").

The problem the seller will have to face: If anyone looks for absolute luxury on this financial level, he'd look for something different than a late Mopar. If anyone was looking for a formal Mopar, he wouldn't pay this much money. But this car is impressing.

I certainly agree that it's a beautiful car from what the pic show.. But!!!

Really....headers on a Formal???

I sure would like to know the part number and manufacturer of the headers???

479366792.jpg

479366788.jpg

479366929.jpg

Burgundy Pearl? No such animal....maybe a custom paint color from down under.

479363141.jpg

479365876.jpg

It is a beautiful car. cant tell you anything on it.
One thing on price it is alot even here. But it cost around $10 to $15 k just to land here and taxs and on road cost. then in some cases alot of body and mechanical work.
We have a check done on all older car every 6 month. The car must be in top order (eg no rust good brake) so on.
Member 1978 NYB sorry dont remember your name. His car would have been order off the road once 1 or 2 bubble were found until it was fix.
My car is value at $22k

P1030234.jpg

It is a beautiful car. cant tell you anything on it.
One thing on price it is alot even here. But it cost around $10 to $15 k just to land here and taxs and on road cost. then in some cases alot of body and mechanical work.
We have a check done on all older car every 6 month. The car must be in top order (eg no rust good brake) so on.
Member 1978 NYB sorry dont remember your name. His car would have been order off the road once 1 or 2 bubble were found until it was fix.
My car is value at $22k

6 month inspection intervals and rust bubbles fail... that is a pretty tough program you guys have.
$2500 is a bit of a joke around here regarding the price of these, and a bit of a disturbing reality when you watch the sales on them. One that has had that much work done to it would be a huge financial loss.

Wow. I've been away from the forums for a while and just noticed this.

That price does seem to be excessive even in that condition. $40,000 NZ would however be reasonable I think given the car's condition and rarity in the NZ market.

Having said that the Rockefeller 1970 Imperial limousine some how made it's way down to NZ and was for sale very recently for only $25000 NZD. I'm kicking myself for not buying it

Back