1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

Not much padding if any in those steering wheels. But it shouldn't pucker like that.

Mine isn't puckered up at all.

You haven't looked at your depreciation on your Ram yet have you? You'll be puckered after that trust me.....:poke:

The plan is to keep all of my stuff.

Bob you are the proverbial "Straight Man" aren't you lol

upload_2019-2-21_16-48-14.jpeg

Show me the "chrome" edges around the front of the ashtray and I'll know immediately if it's 392 or 392+100,000.
Anybody who knows NYB's understand how the chrome gets rubbed off because your hand rubs against it while using the HVAC controls.

View attachment 262445

View attachment 262446

By the way, how many appraisers know how to look at **** like that. None.
I had two small worn spots on my low mileage NYB's ashtray. It was one of the first low cost things I touched up when I got my car using a Sharpie. Your right, only a fussy SOB or a long time owner would know to look.

^^I also look at the trim on the ash tray and the rest of the instrument panel.....also, steering wheel.....only the most well stored and cared for vehicles MAYBE might not ave a cracked steering wheel! The plastic on the '75-'78 Formals was not the best quality, IMO!

Is that discolored (sun-faded?) leather on the seat, or is it just my eyes or the lighting?
seat.jpg

^^^This is precisely why you never take pics of cars indoors. ALWAYS photograph outside, preferably on an overcast day, to avoid shadows, as well as getting an honest view of paint, body and chrome. That discoloration could simply be his garage florescent lighting coming through that upper green tinting of the windshield, or the lighting hitting the top of that front seat directly. So, without personally laying eyes on it, or having an independent PPI performed, it's impossible to properly gauge this car with the pictures shown. Period.

Next, how was this car stored by the old man? Was it in a windowless warehouse? Did it have a full cover on it? With what we see, that is highly doubtful on both. Sunshine will cause fade in a new car or a 40-year-old car in the same manner.

Last edited:
Sunshine on that leather interior will cause the rear seat threads to come apart at the top of the seat in the middle of the seat back.

I really try to politely educate other Formal owners on the common stuff that goes wrong with our cars like the rust in the bottom of the rear quarters and what caused it. Water leaking past the rear side marker because the speed nut is missing or whatever. Or the cowl filling up with leaves and dirt and on and on....

C1AC5806-7EC3-4A96-8B4C-839F95182883.jpeg
You guys are right on the leather wrapped steering wheel and also, look at the scratches from keys dangling from the ignition. Looks like a lot of scratches for 300 miles.

And again I say, ANYONE who wants to inspect this car,and bring along any number of experts,is more than welcome to do so. This car is the one you guys dream about,so, just admit it,and quit being such drama queens,searching for any possible little defect,or whole in my story. I sent the pics out,of it rather fresh from storage,in good faith,that the Cbody admirers would appreciate them,not denegrate them,and me. a little mouse poop,and some discolored plastic??? thats the end of the world?? floormats?? really? I challenge any one of you who are in disbeleif,to come and inspect this car,and paperwork,and tell me that I dont have what I have.

Back