1978 NYB Preservation Project.....Final Bodywork and Paint

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I had a few hours this afternoon to take a ride and visit my bodywork and paint guy. As you guys saw at Carlisle the great work he did on my 78 NYB roof, rear window and rear quarters last year. I'm still stunned on how nice it turned out. Well, I know that he is a very busy guy and that the work he is doing for me will take some time. There isn't any rot left on the car to repair. So he's going to the doors, front fenders, hood, and the front header. I might have to pop for some NOS front signal lenses. The NYB might not be done by Carlisle but as long as it's done before it snows is fine with me.

Photo's always look great from a distance......

20161110_082605_resized.jpg

I wish! It's my cousin's house about 20 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

I live in a townhouse in Maryland with no garage and a Nazi HOA. LOL!!

DSC02967.jpg

Bob, I can't imagine what you could do to make the NYB more spectacular than it is, but more power to ya!

Bob, I can't imagine what you could do to make the NYB more spectacular than it is, but more power to ya!

Believe me.....photo's hide all the flaws. It's getting there. I'm not looking for perfection but just something nice.

To tell the truth. Kenny's 78 NYB in B9 looks a lot better than my car.

img_6167-jpg.85822

I really like the color combination. Your care and maintinance of the car really shows.

Thanks Pete.

Back in the day, 1969 or so, I wanted a 69 RR in B3 Ice Blue Metallic. I ended up with a 69 Super Bee in T5 Bronze Metallic in 1971. Loved that car.

71573_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

69%20dodge%20Super-Bee%20(21)[1].jpg

Believe me.....photo's hide all the flaws. It's getting there. I'm not looking for perfection but just something nice.

img_6167-jpg.85822
Thanks Bob! I really appreciate that compliment coming from from another formal lover. Don't sell yourself short, yours is looking great and it sounds way better than mine. She will look look even better when you get it back from the body shop! I can't wait to see her! I'm still crossing my fingers that you'll be at Carlisle!

img_6167-jpg.85822
Don't feel bad... Kenny has a beautiful car... he really sucks...:poke:

I personally would never get enough of seeing your NYB, but I suppose it's time for the Newport to see PA?

Can't wait to see it after the rest of the paint work, Bob.:thumbsup:

Thanks Bob! I really appreciate that compliment coming from from another formal lover. Don't sell yourself short, yours is looking great and it sounds way better than mine. She will look look even better when you get it back from the body shop! I can't wait to see her! I'm still crossing my fingers that you'll be at Carlisle![/QUOT

Yours is pretty cool Kenny. We never see a California NYB with a 360. Yours is the only one that I ever seen.

Bob, if your able to make it, you bringing the Newport this go around?

Maybe, I still have plenty of work to do on it to get it roadworthy. Problem is that I'm working 60+ hours a week trying to get ahead of schedule a little bit on this project so I can maybe take a one day break to get to Carlisle.

Don't feel bad... Kenny has a beautiful car... he really sucks...:poke:

I personally would never get enough of seeing your NYB, but I suppose it's time for the Newport to see PA?

Eventually the Newport will get to Carlisle. I'm just a stickler making sure it's safe before I take it on the road.

Back