For Sale 1978 NYBS in OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think he should be asking more then they can jawbone him down and get the sale done..
@ 41, it might sit longer because he won't come down. And he shouldn't. I say raise it to an asking price (within believability) to where people will want to buy it.

Well, I won't be giving out anymore advice on how to sell a car...

What do they say about cases like this?, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
absolutely its always worked for me. actually i think it goes like this. its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

To get back on track...I ended up not going to Tulsa this morning. The car developed a slight miss, so when I was about ten miles out, I turned around and went back home. It ended up being a plug wire that was not tight against the plug, no biggie. So, I figured since I've got the car all clean and shiny from its slumber, I'd go to the monthly cars-n-coffee gathering across town. Instead of the 240 miles r/t I'd had going to the Tulsa bash, I put 65 on it r/t to go to C-n-C.

What was cool was that I was coming up to the parking lot where the C-n-C is, a very slick '67 Imperial Crown four-door was wheeling in. A slightly lighter shade of Silver, it has a black top and black leather interior. Gorgeous! We ended up parking side-by-side. The only two big Chryslers there of perhaps 550 cars total! There were four Ford GT-40s! We had a nice, long chat as he drooled over the car. So, we both took pictures of both cars and went about looking at all the others. He's shown a serious interest, so we'll see what transpires.

IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

I'm glad you got a nibble on that one, she is beautiful.

What was funny was the Porsche owner complimented me on the New Yorker! And yes, that '07 looks a bit tiny. Although, I'm sure his odds of getting laid as a result of tooling around in that Porsche are exponentially higher than me picking up some fine young thing in the Chrysler. Of course, mine is simply a rolling bedroom with a whole lot of room to have a good time...

Wait, I'm about thirty years past that point in life.

What was funny was the Porsche owner complimented me on the New Yorker! And yes, that '07 looks a bit tiny. Although, I'm sure his odds of getting laid as a result of tooling around in that Porsche are exponentially higher than me picking up some fine young thing in the Chrysler. Of course, mine is simply a rolling bedroom with a whole lot of room to have a good time...

No back seat in that Porsche.... NYB wins!

WAIT! You mean to tell me the New Yorker lack sex appeal for all the pretty little 20s and 30s ladies? How about the big girls who cant fit in the Porch? I never fit in them right either.

Just tell 'um the shoez have to be removed upon entry and they'll like the way the 2" thick carpet feelz on their bare feet. They don't need to know how really bad spike heelz are on headlinerz!

Good news! The Imperial owner has come out to look at and drive the NYBS, and has put a deposit on the car!! I'm going to attend to a couple of little things on the car, and he'll pick it up at the end of the week. So, looks like it's sold!

It's hard to believe I've had that car nearly nine years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back